Respected Contributor

Help! Anyone Have Penzey's Latest Catalog Handy?

I meant to bring it with me today but totally forgot. I'm looking for the coupon code for the free jar of Roasted Garlic that was featured in the latest catalog. In addition to the free jar, Penzey's has another promotion going on through today where you get free shipping with a $20.00 purchase instead of the usual $30.00 amount.

Thanks for your help! Smile

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

Re: Help! Anyone Have Penzey's Latest Catalog Handy?

43953C, hth.

"To each their own, in all things".
Occasional Contributor

Hi Topaz Gem,

The code is 43953C

Respected Contributor

Whatever anyone is getting, order the cinnamon. Oh it is so good!

Respected Contributor

Thank you Snickster and Lynne! If you place an order today, you only have to spend $20.00 to get free shipping, so that's why I was hoping someone could help me out. You guys are great. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Valued Contributor

I was thinking about placing an order before this offer expires tonight. Does Penzeys have any ""must haves"".

Honored Contributor

Hi Rosehill! There are a lot of products from Penzey's that I like but I'm sure it's pretty much all personal preference.

One thing, if you want to purchase cinnamon, be sure to choose the Ceylon Cinnamon. That's the only that's actually cinnamon and not cassis. For many of us, cassis is not a good choice. I don't remember all the particulars, but it did end up that for both me and the bird cassis was a very bad choice. I like the Ceylon cinnamon.

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 Dusty1 said:

Whatever anyone is getting, order the cinnamon. Oh it is so good!

Yes love their cinnamon. It smells so good. I'm almost out & need to order some more. I also need black pepper & paprika. I got out a full jar of paprika the other day & dropped it on the ceramic tile floor in the kitchen. Paprika & glass every where.

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 rosehill said:

I was thinking about placing an order before this offer expires tonight. Does Penzeys have any ""must haves"".

Cinnamon & Mural of Flavors. I have only used their regular cinnamon.

Valued Contributor

Hi Chickenbutt! Thank you for your answer. I didn't know that most cinnamons were not cinnamon. I will google it tonight and read up on it.

The nearest Penzeys store is about 60 miles away (near Cleveland), and I don't go there too often. The last time I was there, though, I bought a 4 oz bag of ceylon cinnamon, Parisien Bonnes Herbes, Aleppo Pepper, Fox Point, French Tarragon, and Sunny Paris. So I have those. I need to experiment with the herb blends that I bought-the only one I have used is the Fox Point- I love that one on fish. When I cook, I tend to buy only one spice selections like cumin, red pepper flakes, oregano, basil, paprika, white pepper, coriander, allspice, onion powder, garlic powder etc- the normal things. I buy most of those in the grocery store. I know they aren't as good, but they are a lot less expensive than Penzeys. So I will look around on the Penzey website tonight and see if any of the blends have good reviews. Those blends are more unique, and I don't mind spending money on those. I dry my own shallots and leeks when I find a good price on them in the local stores- I know that a lot of people like the shallots that Penzeys sells.