Respected Contributor

Jan. 29 Today is NATIONAL CORN CHIP DAY !!!!! What is your favorite??

Doritos Nacho Flavor {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Get a bag of chips, enjoy and HAVE A GREAT DAY !!!!

Super Contributor

Re: Jan. 29 Today is NATIONAL CORN CHIP DAY !!!!! What is your favorite??

I could eat corn chips three meals a day... but, I gave them up 10 years ago when I switched to a low carb/ low glycemic healthy diet. Like cigarettes, when I give something up that is bad for my body I go cold turkey and never look back.

Super Contributor

I unknowingly put Fritos in my son's lunch this morning! Do they count?

(And as a side note, who makes up these crazy "National ____" days?)

Valued Contributor

Tostitos Hint of Lime!! And then, the corn chips served at Chuys restaurant.....so thin and crispy, and they have the best flavor of any plain chip I've ever eaten. I get their salsa and jalapeno ranch salsa to go and they send a whopping big bag of these chips with them. Yum, YUM!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor

I found a web site that lists all the months and the food of the day.

Super Contributor

On 1/29/2015 05gage25 said:

Tostitos Hint of Lime!! And then, the corn chips served at Chuys restaurant.....so thin and crispy, and they have the best flavor of any plain chip I've ever eaten. I get their salsa and jalapeno ranch salsa to go and they send a whopping big bag of these chips with them. Yum, YUM!! {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Corn chips from Qdoba are so good, too. We always pick up extras and warm them in the oven. They also have a hint of lime and a coarser salt.

Respected Contributor

My brother found a place that makes tortilla chips, he went in and got a big box for about $6.00. The first ones they showed him weren't thin enough. So they showed him the ones like they sell to the Mexican restaurants. Just ask for the "Special Ones"!!! You have to fry these yourself. So good !!! Thin and crispy.

They do make a thin and crispy one, you can buy at the store, ready to eat.

Respected Contributor

I am the original Frito Bandito!

Honored Contributor

On 1/29/2015 05gage25 said:

Bought the Lime flavor by mistake about 6 months ago and through a cussing stomping fit in my kitchen when I pulled the bag out of the cabinet and saw what I had done. Have only bought the Lime flavor since. Sometimes a mistake is the next big ADDICITON!! Will have some for lunch and tonight for the Corn Chip Day.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

I would like to add that Wal-Mart sells a chipotle dip under Marketplace brand. OMG...I am addicted to that with my Fritos.

I will have to buy the Lime flavor chips though. They sound interesting.