Trusted Contributor
Despite the fact I live in the cold and snowy northeast, I have a dwarf meyer lemon tree with about 9 lovely specimens waiting to be used in yummy recipes. What is your favorite lemon recipe? I' d like to make them "go"as far as possible - that is as many dishes as possible for my limited harvest. Thought about that starbucks lemon cake to start, but need more ideas! I've googled lemon recipes and saw hundreds and despite web reviews on many, would appreciate all of your best lemon adventures. Thanks!
Esteemed Contributor

Lucky you with your ready to harvest lemons! They wouldn't last long at my house; I use about 1 lemon per day. Smiley Happy

I tried Aarti's Moroccan Carrot Salad recipe and really enjoyed it, if you feel like trying something totally different. I was pleasantly surprised to try lemons that way, and was trying to think of what other combinations I could use with cooked lemons. (Haven't yet.)

Valued Contributor

What about lemon curd? You can put it in yogurt, on pound cake and over mixed fruit bowl.

Trusted Contributor
Lemon curd might be a great idea.
Honored Contributor

Sammijo...Off topic but I would so love to know more info on that tree!

Do you have it potted in your house I assume? Where did you purchase it? How big does it get...how much sun, warmth etc. does it need?

I live in Western New York frozen tundra and never thought I could grow a lemon tree! I can never even find Meyer lemons in the stores...just ugly regular ones.

Any info and advice would be so appreciated!!

TIA!

Honored Contributor

Someone (not sure who) posted this a while back-

Lemon "Brownies"

Ingredients for the brownies:

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup sugar

zest of 1/2 lemon

2 large eggs

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice

3/4 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

for the glaze:

1/2 cup powdered sugar

zest of 1/2 lemon

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare an 8 x 8 pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with foil, and set aside.

In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add the lemon juice. Add the flour and salt, and mix until just combined. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Let cool 10-15 minutes.

To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest, then pour over the brownies, spreading evenly to coat. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.

Trusted Contributor
Is a lemon brownie the same as a lemon square?
Honored Contributor
On 1/26/2015 Sakuya said: Is a lemon brownie the same as a lemon square?

I guess- not sure why the poster had posted the recipe as a ""brownie.""

Honored Contributor
On 1/26/2015 lolakimono said:

Someone (not sure who) posted this a while back-

Lemon "Brownies"

Ingredients for the brownies:

1/2 cup butter, softened

3/4 cup sugar

zest of 1/2 lemon

2 large eggs

3/4 cup flour

1/4 teaspoon salt

for the glaze:

1/2 cup powdered sugar

zest of 1/2 lemon

Instructions

Preheat the oven to 350. Prepare an 8 x 8 pan by spraying with cooking spray or lining with foil, and set aside.

In a large bowl or the bowl of a stand mixer, beat together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition, then add the lemon juice. Add the flour and salt, and mix until just combined. Scoop the batter into the prepared pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the brownies comes out clean. Let cool 10-15 minutes.

To make the glaze, whisk together the powdered sugar, lemon juice, and lemon zest, then pour over the brownies, spreading evenly to coat. Let cool completely before slicing and serving.

That is a lemon brownie recipe.

Lemon squares/bars recipe

Ingredients

For the crust:
1/2 pound unsalted butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 cups flour
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
For the filling:
6 extra-large eggs at room temperature
3 cups granulated sugar
2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (4 to 6 lemons)
1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 cup flour
Confectioners' sugar, for dusting

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.

For the crust, cream the butter and sugar until light in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Combine the flour and salt and, with the mixer on low, add to the butter until just mixed. Dump the dough onto a well-floured board and gather into a ball. Flatten the dough with floured hands and press it into a 9 by 13 by 2-inch baking sheet, building up a 1/2-inch edge on all sides. Chill.

Bake the crust for 15 to 20 minutes, until very lightly browned. Let cool on a wire rack. Leave the oven on.

For the filling, whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and flour. Pour over the crust and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the filling is set. Let cool to room temperature.

Cut into triangles and dust with confectioners' sugar.

Copyright 1999, The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook

Honored Contributor
On 1/26/2015 Sakuya said: Is a lemon brownie the same as a lemon square?

No, they are very different.