Honored Contributor

Have You Noticed a Change in a Favorite Food Product?

My new shaker of Kraft Parmesan Cheese has no cheese flavor. The change is very obvious. Anyone else notice this change or any other change to a favorite food product?

Respected Contributor

Re: Have You Noticed a Change in a Favorite Food Product?

I don't think Kraft Parm has had any flavor for quite some time. We like 4C Cheese (in the glass jar) but our local lame groceries stores barely carry anything at all, and Kraft is all we have. It is flavorless, as you remarked.

New Contributor

I was wondering if we were the only ones. I made cheese straws during Christmas with 2 different brands of sharp cheddar that had no flavor. In addition, we have bought scallops and LOTS of oysters from different places that have NO TASTE....It is beyond my comprehension exactly what is happening to our food sources/processing. I asked my husband to be on the lookout for any research about this because I had not seen or heard anyone else commenting about it. We did have friends tell us that they had been out to dinner for seafood that had no flavor. Anyway, I had to respond to this topic. I hope to hear responses from others.
Trusted Contributor

Oh my......you have no idea what you are missing by not having a microplane grater and a real wedge of just Parmigiano-Reggiano, or Parmesan cheese.......So much better, and you will not complain of no taste........Kiss

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Esteemed Contributor

Maybe not a change, but poor quality control from one item to another. Can't depend on getting the same flavor or texture each time. Seems to be universal, clothes & now food products. Just had a package of our favorite sausage and it was very bland this time.

Esteemed Contributor

We're noticing differences with milk going sour way before the date on the carton. I checked my refrigerator temp, and that's not the problem. I bought milk from another store last time, and it seems to be lasting longer, so maybe it's the store's refrigerator.
Esteemed Contributor

On another note, I've really noticed a change in packaging--less quantity at higher price. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

I do use the real thing, but it goes bad before I finish the piece. My Foodsaver is broken. As soon as I get a new one, I will start using real Parmesan Reggiano, again. If anyone has a different brand of pregrated parmesan they like, I will try that, too. Speaking of cheese, Cheetos doesn't taste like cheese, either, and now the powers that be are leaving the salt out of the salty snacks.

Trusted Contributor

As Wildcat Fan mentioned, I opened a new box of Post cereal this morning and the bag was only half full!! I have also noticed a lack of taste on several products lately, shredded bagged cheese being one.

Super Contributor

On 1/25/2015 suzieQ4me said:

As Wildcat Fan mentioned, I opened a new box of Post cereal this morning and the bag was only half full!! I have also noticed a lack of taste on several products lately, shredded bagged cheese being one.

YES.......or a lot of the content is all broken or in tiny pieces. Ugh.