Esteemed Contributor

Kitchenaid Convection Oven...

do you own this ....Laura and Jill were presenting it today...(K34872)...I have a $75.00 G.C. for the Q. and $20.00 Q credits...was thinking of getting a toaster oven...

also looking at the Breville ...(K30447)...do you own this one....

I know there are many other choices and probably cheaper...but I am have to use the g.c. and the credits here...I don't need jewelry or clothes....can't think of anything else to use it on.....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Kitchenaid Convection Oven...

I have the same Kitchenaid, minus the convection. I'm not a fan of convection, I feel like it dries the food out.

I'm very happy with the one I have and really don't understand the reviews complaining about the heat. I don't think it puts out an excessive amount. It bakes fast and evenly, the quality is good.

I've used it pretty much daily for over a year. K300045

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

If you just need a toaster oven, they cost a lot less than a full-on convection oven. That's a whole different deal plus it's going to be larger.

I have a convection oven (not either of the brands mentioned, though) and absolutely LOVE it. I use it frequently as a convection oven and the convection oven also does have toast settings and lots of other choice.

But if you just want a toaster oven that might be what gets you what you need for a lot less money and lot less space commitment. For me, the convection oven is used when I want to bake something (up to 9x13) for which I don't want to crank up the big oven.

Super Contributor

For the last 2 years I have rarely used the big oven - just love my toaster oven - mine is a Cuisinart - even does Pizza quite nicely. Saves a lot of money - I find I can put almost anything in it if I put it in the right pan -grea tfor baking too of course, I cook only for 1 or 2 -

The 3 things I could never be without: my toaster oven, my cuisinart food processsor and my Keurig coffee maker! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks everyone.....I am the only one who will use it.....so I guess I don't need convection...I basically wanted it for reheating foods....or cooking up frozen dinners or pizza...and toast...maybe I should rethink the whole idea...I will go check out the one betteb has....

Honored Contributor

I bought this at amazon and love it.

Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/25/2015 circles said:

Thanks everyone.....I am the only one who will use it.....so I guess I don't need convection...I basically wanted it for reheating foods....or cooking up frozen dinners or pizza...and toast...maybe I should rethink the whole idea...I will go check out the one betteb has....

This is what I use mine for and I love it. You will not regret getting a toaster oven. Now that I've had one, I would never want to be without.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Frequent Contributor

On 1/25/2015 mousiegirl said:

I bought this at amazon and love it.

Breville BOV800XL Smart Oven 1800-Watt Convection Toaster Oven with Element IQ

That's the one I have. It's wonderful!

Esteemed Contributor

I must apologize to all of you....what I forgot to do is take measurements....I do not have any counter space so it would have to sit on the kitchen table...I just realized that all of these will take up too much table space....there would be nowhere to sit down to eat when my grands are over....three of them....

I guess its back to the drawing board....I am truly sorry....I will have to use my g.c. on something else....thank you for taking the time to reply...

Trusted Contributor

I did own the oven, and it does a good job,. but I found that it heated my kitchen up more than my large oven. While I liked having a smaller oven, I decided to donate it to Goodwill and reclaim my counterspace as I would rather deal with higher power bills from my large oven than a hot kitchen.