Regular Contributor

I have never tasted Honeybell's until I ordered them from Dundee Groves. I did so because they advertised in our local paper and the free shipping was attractive. Well that's all that was good about them. I thought maybe I should have ordered them from QVC and being that Cushman's is now owned by Harry & David I would have received a better quality of fruit. But from what I've read in this forum not so. I'll never order them again. Mine were way too small, sour tasting, loaded with seeds, imperfections on the skin not to mention some of the fruit looked nothing like a Honeybell. Hale's Groves supplied HSN but there isn't a customer comment to be had there. Florida's crop was a total bust this year. I'll never order them again. Thanks for letting me vent.

Honored Contributor

Re: Honeybells after the fact

I think they are, generally speaking, hit-or-miss. I had them once, wasn't impressed, and won't take a chance on them again.

Super Contributor

I was in our local grocery Walmart and I got 2 very nice looking Mineolas for $.48 each and when I got home I opened one and ate the whole orange which was delicious and juicy. The one I did not eat yet is even heavier so it should be juicy as well.

We have 7 Orange trees including mandarin oranges, Satsuma, Valencia, and our tangerines this year are absolutely amazing in sweetness and quantity of Juice and I actually prefer them to the Honeybells I have had in the last few years, plus it is rare that I will throw the pulp away as it is too good for us especially in countering the sugar from the juice.

Honored Contributor

I wanted to order some for me & send some to my dad but after reading the complaints on the forums I passed. I picked up some Cuties or Halos at the grocery store instead.

Not applicable

I have bought the Honeybells several times. They are right when they say they are juicy but the are very seldom sweet. In fact what I have had have very little flavor at all. Just juice. Don't think I will give them any more chances.
Respected Contributor

I get Minneolas at the grocery store. I pick out the ones I want and they're always delicious. I don't think I'd order them online.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I got the Honeybells from HSN last year and they were wonderful. Didn't order this year.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I order my honeybells every year. It's the only thing I look forward to every Winter! I get mine from Hale's or Ceebee's. They are always superb! Never had a bad one in the several years ordering them! Mine are on their way right now. Can't wait!!!

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

We ordered them several years ago and they really weren't good - not sweet and definitely not juicy. We have fruit here called Satsumas, which are infinitely better than any Honeybells I've ever tried. For us they were a total bust.

Respected Contributor

I bought mine this year right in my supermarket. They are very large and real juice love them!! You don't have to order them.