Super Contributor

They are all over the cooking blogs - looks great - has anyone tried one> I'm considering buying the Padermo one.

Contributor

I have the Paderno spiralizer -3 blade. I think it's my best purchase ever. LOVE IT! There is a new 4 blade version of this machine. here is a review of the 4-blade version (http://www.inspiralized.com/?s=paderno+4+blade) Make sure you visit inspiralized.com as it will give you a lot of information regarding how to use the different blades and how to chose the right size vegetables. I made paleo meatballs with sauce and served them over spiralized zucchini noodles. OMG, so good! Salads are so much better with spiralized veges. Not sure why, but we prefer many of the vegetables cut that way. Sometimes I spiralize a bunch of different things and keep them in a container for putting on a salad. Be sure to try spiralized Chioggia beets (this salad is my favorite use more dressing. http://www.inspiralized.com/2014/08/06/candy-cane-beet-noodle-and-arugula-quinoa-salad-with-parmesan...

Super Contributor

Thanks for the review - that's the one that was recommended to me too - "Skinnytate" - my favorite food blogger swears by it - I lost a lot of weight using her recipes and the spiralizer is so great for zucchini noodles, etc. Anyhow - thanks for letting me know you like it.

Honored Contributor
On 1/22/2015 cooking lady said:

Thanks for the review - that's the one that was recommended to me too - "Skinnytate" - my favorite food blogger swears by it - I lost a lot of weight using her recipes and the spiralizer is so great for zucchini noodles, etc. Anyhow - thanks for letting me know you like it.

I *love* skinnytaste, she's my favorite food blogger, also!

Too funny, because we were talking about her zoodles this morning. DH could not understand what I was saying, LOL. Noodles? Googles?

I want one too, is the one you're thinking about the one from Williams-Sonoma? I heard that was the best.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I have the Joyce Chen Saladacco hand model. It's small & compact. I've made this recipe many times...yummy:

Honored Contributor

I used this comparison video when I was deciding. The choices I liked best were the Joyce Chen and the Paderno. The Spirooli shown in this video is a cheaper (and lesser quality) version of the Paderno, so I did not choose that one. The Joyce Chen model leaves the least "waste" vegetable behind and the Paderno offers slightly thicker noodles.

Hope this helps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlWELwaUMjk

Super Contributor

Yes Padermo is the best - Gina (Skinnytaste) tried them all and she loves Padermo the best - BTW - glad you like her food - I have been following her for the last 3 years - I am a WW and just cooking her food helped me lose 87# in 10 months and the food was delicious. Her cookbook is everywhere now - it was even on the Top 10 best seller list. Her food is amazing - I have kept the weight off for a couple of years now and never feel unsatisfied with her food. Tonite I am cooking pork chops and applesauce with some homemade applesauce I made - so delicious - nothing like store bought!! Thanks for sharing - glad you like her too!!

Honored Contributor
On 1/23/2015 cooking lady said:

Yes Padermo is the best - Gina (Skinnytaste) tried them all and she loves Padermo the best - BTW - glad you like her food - I have been following her for the last 3 years - I am a WW and just cooking her food helped me lose 87# in 10 months and the food was delicious. Her cookbook is everywhere now - it was even on the Top 10 best seller list. Her food is amazing - I have kept the weight off for a couple of years now and never feel unsatisfied with her food. Tonite I am cooking pork chops and applesauce with some homemade applesauce I made - so delicious - nothing like store bought!! Thanks for sharing - glad you like her too!!

cooking lady, thank you for all the information!

My husband has diabetes and I need as healthy food as I can get, ITA, Gina is a godsend! When I serve my husband something new from her, he's constantly amazed by how good everything is.

I did buy her new cookbook but have yet to go over it carefully for new recipes. One of her recipes that's a family favorite is her Teriyaki Burger. I fry (no oil) the pineapple ring for a minute in a nonstick pan and use ready-made sauce. Her additions of ginger and shaved carrot in the meat is delicious!

I also recently made one of her casseroles, also delicious!

CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Respected Contributor
I bought the paderno from Amazon last year. I like it a lot. Have only made zucchini noodles so far. I have the one with the three slicers.
Valued Contributor

I'm looking at the Padermo and the Brieftons. They both look the same but the Brieftons is about $7 cheaper. I like the video of the Brieftons better then the Padermo. I'll do some more research before I decide.