Respected Contributor

What Is The Best Unpopped Popcorn

I don't like the ones you buy in a bag with all of the unhealthy ingredients so I would rather pop it myself. I bought one from the store but it tasted like tough cardboard. Is there any unpopped popcorn that actually tastes good? Thanks

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Is The Best Unpopped Popcorn

I buy organic kernels from Trader Joe's. I pop in the microwave then add olive oil & sea salt. They are not always available, so I usually buy 3 or 4 bags at a time.

Honored Contributor

I don't eat microwave popcorn either. I buy the plastic jar of Orville Redenbacher because it stays fresher. If I made more popcorn I would use the plastic bags because they are cheaper.

Regular Contributor

We use Orville's in the big plastic jug also. Our kids, grandkids, and my hairdresser, all love the white coated popcorn that DH makes. We call it "Polar Popcorn" up here, and comes holiday time, you wouldn't believe how much he makes.......or the mess he makes also!!

He (DH) keeps the instant microwave type in the pantry all the time. I don't eat it, but he seems to think it's o.k. Of course, one look at his "prego" stomach and you'd agree that it is NOT o.k. !!!!

Respected Contributor

Bob's Red Mill.
If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

Orville for me too. Store brands tend to be pretty tough, but the Orville is generally quite tender. I buy the big jars at BJ's and it's pretty affordable that way.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I like Jolly Time, in the poly bag. Once the bag is opened, I transfer the kernels to an old Orville Redenbacher glass jar.

Contributor

I use Orville popcorn in my microwave air popper. After it is done popping, I spray canola oil on it then add salt.
Respected Contributor

I buy kernels from a local farm, but for convenience, I love plain Skinny Pop. Non-GMO and only 3 ingredients: corn, salt, and sunflower oil.
Super Contributor

On 1/18/2015 Marienkaefer2 said: Bob's Red Mill.

I got some recently from amazon and wow!! Way better than anything I've gotten at the grocery store. I am on subscribe and save now