Super Contributor

I would love to replace my everyday dishes with a light weight set. I would like it to be a bit prettier than Corelle, but still light weight and durable. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Depends upon your taste in patterns and colors. I'd go to the Home Store in a large department store and see what apeals to you. Personally, I always look at the size of the soup/cereal bowls before I make a choice. I want a bowl that will let me make a good size salad.

Trusted Contributor

I was going to suggest Corelle because that's what we use and there's really nothing else like it--so lightweight and durable . There are so MANY patterns to choose from. What we did when we bought our last set was to buy a set with square plates. We love them!

Respected Contributor
On 1/14/2015 turtle52 said:

I was going to suggest Corelle because that's what we use and there's really nothing else like it--so lightweight and durable . There are so MANY patterns to choose from. What we did when we bought our last set was to buy a set with square plates. We love them!

I too use Corelle b/c it's so durable and lightweight. About a year or so ago, I bought the square, plain white set as well. I love it!

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

I would suggest looking for fully vitrified china dinnerware. For years I enjoyed our Royal Doulton Fusion White dinnerware for everyday china. It was very light weight, and a simple style, perfect for everyday use. It is now discontinued. When I decided I was ready for a change (Fiestaware, which is also fully vitrified china) I gave all of my Royal Doulton dinnerware to my daughter. This dinnerware replaced our daughter's Pfaltzgraff stoneware which had chipped. They have been using the Royal Doulton Fusion White every day since I gave it to her in 2011, and there is not a chip on any piece. I bought that set around 2002, and it has been going strong all these years.

Esteemed Contributor

Love Corelle.......so nice and lightweight.....stoneware is just so heavy......and they do have so many pretty patterns.....

Honored Contributor

Another vote for Corelle - they have hundreds of patterns now.

Honored Contributor

Hate to sound like a broken record, but have used Corelle for decades. I was at the outlet last weekend, and saw new (to me anyway) square, white, but with embossing ones. I thought they were so elegant. If they made them in an ivory or cream I'd be getting some!

Occasional Contributor

I just donated all my everyday white dishes that were too heavy for me and I purchased corelle. So very pleased. We also have Rosenthal china that we use frequently, but for everyday, you can't beat Corelle. We do not use paper plates or paper napkins. I am going to purchase more Corelle. Ordered them on Amazon. Free shipping.

Trusted Contributor

I have a set of cream colored plain Phaltzgraff, and a set of Corelle. I enjoy them both. Just today I switched out the dishes, putting the Corelle in the cabinet. The Corelle set is 37 years old, and still looks brand new. Before you say no to Corelle, go to their web site and check out all the patterns they have.