Super Contributor

For those of you that drink tea over coffee, I was curious what is your tea of choice. I like a good cup of coffee, but I've found that I am primarily a tea drinker, both hot and cold. For iced tea I like an herbal tea, preferably with berry flavors. At bedtime I enjoy a green tea to relax, usually something with chamomile. My current favorite is the Sleepytime blend made by Celestial Seasonings. In the morning I like a black tea, Earl Grey is usually what I drink but I have tried the Lady Grey and really like that. It is Earl Grey but with more citrus flavors. My new obsession though is vanilla Chai black tea, it's like a cozy blanket in a mug. I've really been enjoying it on these bitter cold days, the aroma and spices are comforting. So, for you tea drinkers, what is your preference. Do you have a favorite brand? If any of you have recommendations for new teas to try, like holiday blends, I would love to hear about it.

Valued Contributor

Re: Question for tea drinkers

For some reason, I have never been able to get into the berry flavored teas. The tea flavor I love the most is peppermint. I have both caffeine free and regular, Twinnings Plantation Mint

Usually I drink coffee in the morning and tea is later. The vanilla chai sounds wonderful. What brand is it?

Honored Contributor

I drink coffee in the morning and I like to have some tea at night.

My favorite is chamomile from Celestial Seasonings. I do like Calm tea by Tazo. It's chamomile with some mint. I buy Tazo teas from Starbucks.

Respected Contributor

interesting thread, and very timely for me!

i was sick a couple of months ago and had a terrible sore throat. i felt like maybe if i had some tea with honey that it would help my throat. what a surprise! i didn't have any honey so i had to use agave (which was quite delish) and the only tea i had was a black tea with berries. i bet it had been ten years since i had enjoyed a cup of tea. .... i was hooked.

i am a confirmed coffee snob, btw ... and it truly surprised me how much i enjoyed that tea.

so far, i have been experimenting with different teas (mostly loose because i can't find black tea with berries at the supermarket) and i would love some ideas. i love a hearty, strong tea with body and some kind of fruity element to it.

i would welcome any recommendations from you tea drinkers!

i am thoroughly enjoying that occasional late afternoon cup of tea, and quite often i am enjoying a cup of tea in the evening instead of my usual before bed coffee. in the morning, it is still coffee for me, however!

hope to hear from the tea pros and get some recommendations.

Super Contributor

CindyinNC, I like the peppermint flavors too. The chai tea is really delicious. The brand I am drinking is Bigelow Vanilla Chai. They have other chai flavors too...Caramel, Chocolate, Spiced, and Green Tea chai, but so far the vanilla is the only one I've tried.

brii, Since you like chamomile and mint, and already drink Celestial Seasonings, you would probably like their Sleepytime teas. The one I am currently enjoying is their Lemon Jasmine decaf green tea, it has chamomile, spearmint, and lemon grass. Not sure if it's just the idea of Sleepytime, but it does seem to help me relax before bedtime.

Regular Contributor

I've always been a tea drinker (I love the smell of coffee but don't like the taste). For the most part, I typically drink black teas. However, when I do drink flavored, I like the wild sweet orange tea from Tazo or the green tea with coconut from Harney & Sons.

Contributor

I drink coffee in the morning, but during the day I like a really hot cup of tea. I usually prefer black teas such as English breakfast tea. I also like vanilla chai . Starbucks has Oprahs chai tea you can buy, I haven't tried it yet but will.
Honored Contributor

Jules, I'll try that. I think drinking tea is an excellent way to relax before bedtime. I do think it helps me sleep better too.

Super Contributor

On 1/14/2015 fancy pantsy said:

interesting thread, and very timely for me!

i was sick a couple of months ago and had a terrible sore throat. i felt like maybe if i had some tea with honey that it would help my throat. what a surprise! i didn't have any honey so i had to use agave (which was quite delish) and the only tea i had was a black tea with berries. i bet it had been ten years since i had enjoyed a cup of tea. .... i was hooked.

i am a confirmed coffee snob, btw ... and it truly surprised me how much i enjoyed that tea.

so far, i have been experimenting with different teas (mostly loose because i can't find black tea with berries at the supermarket) and i would love some ideas. i love a hearty, strong tea with body and some kind of fruity element to it.

i would welcome any recommendations from you tea drinkers!

i am thoroughly enjoying that occasional late afternoon cup of tea, and quite often i am enjoying a cup of tea in the evening instead of my usual before bed coffee. in the morning, it is still coffee for me, however!

hope to hear from the tea pros and get some recommendations.

fancy pantsy (cute nic), I am far from a tea pro but with an English mother there was lots of tea in our house. I really used to consider myself more of a coffee drinker until a few years ago. I love berry teas, and agave is a great sweetener, I was surprised how much I like it as a healthy sweetener.

You can never go wrong with Twinings tea, and they have a mixed berry black tea, also a blackcurrant tea. You might want to look at their website since they offer all their teas online, while only certain blends are sold in the stores.

There are so many choices now, it's really an art form. I am enjoying trying different types of tea and different brands.

Honored Contributor

Good news/Bad news- Celestial Seasonings Zinger teas ALL contain enough Hibiscus to lower your blood pressure. For me, good news, but if you are taking a prescription medication for BP let your doctor know if you drink a lot of Zinger.