Respected Contributor

Does it really work? Its the special today and Im really interested. It looks like everything has a coating of something like breadcrumbs or panko on it though to give it that fried look. Im thinking about wings etc. Any opinions appreciated.

Honored Contributor

Re: Anyone have an Air Fryer?

I was wondering too - saw it on one of the other shopping channels.

Frequent Contributor

Count me in as to wanting to know all about an air fryer! Saw the demo on ShopHQ this morning.

Super Contributor

If you already have a convection oven...you already have an 'air-fryer.'

One of the newest buzz words. I try to stay away from single task gadgets. I don't have the space to store them all.

Super Contributor

who in the heck has room for all these appliances??? NOT ME.

Super Contributor

To answer some questions and actually not perfect answers I will say that I have 5 different convection ovens.. Nuwave, Nesco, Breville, WP, and Cuisinart Steam Oven (incredible appliance) as well as the Norelco Air Fryer and the air fryer is much better for certain things such as chicken wings and frozen chimichungas, burritos etc.. regarding efficiency of cooking.

Philips (Makers of the air fryer) has a great Android app that really shows the usefulness of this kitchen machine.

I tried an off brand on Amazon, but quickly returned it as it did not have the quality of the Philips and actually would not reheat the second time I tried it.

I would try the shophq as the capacity is larger than my Philips and see how it works but trust me, they are different than convection ovens.

Respected Contributor

I have the Nuwave and haven't had much time to experiment, but it makes the best potatoes - regular and sweet potatoes. I cut them in chunks, shake them in a zip lock bag with some olive oil and seasoning, cook 15 minutes, turn them over and cook 14 minutes more. Perfect. I make a meal out of that sometimes. Asparagus turned out great also.

Respected Contributor

THanks everyone, I appreciate your answers!