Valued Contributor
I have never cooked one before usually buy the tenderloin...any good recipes out there. hope this will not be a tough piece of pork. Tysm, lucky
Esteemed Contributor

Re: bought a pork loin today

The loin isn't a tough cut, but don't overcook it.

How many pounds is it?

You can season/marinate it the same way you do pork loin chops. Use your meat thermometer to make sure it's done.

For me, simpler is better with pork. I make a marinade of apple cider vinegar, garlic and oil.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Honored Contributor

It's a good loining experience.

Trusted Contributor

Here is a recipe that I always enjoy........Cool

Cherry Balsamic Pork Loin Recipe

Ingredients

1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon pepper

1 tablespoon canola oil

3/4 cup cherry preserves

1/2 cup dried cherries

1/3 cup balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup packed brown sugar

Directions

1. Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Brown roast on all sides.

2. Transfer to a 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix preserves, cherries, vinegar and brown sugar until blended; pour over roast. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until tender (a thermometer inserted in pork should read at least 145°).

3. Remove roast from slow cooker; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before slicing. Skim fat from cooking juices. Serve pork with sauce.

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Contributor

Pulled Pork: I like to slow cook it in a crock-pot, with a little water and a packet of McCormick's "Brown Sugar and Bourbon Marinade" (or whatever flavor you like) packet sprinkled right on top. It slow cooks all day, then I shred it and serve it on buns. Its juicy and tender, and very easy.

Trusted Contributor

On 1/8/2015 brewhaha said:

It's a good loining experience.

GIRL..........You are just drinking toooo toooo many brewhaha's lately.......

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Valued Contributor

wOW. Thanks ladies, this certainly is loining experience.....I will try this in the next day or two.
Honored Contributor

Just made this on New Years Day while we were visiting family in Fl. Made 2 3 lb pork loins. My sister said it was going to be more then we needed but there was not much left.

Boneless Pork Loin with Peach Glaze

1 cup peach preserves

2 tablespoons honey

Juice of 1 small lemon

1 boneless pork loin roast, about 3 pounds

Salt and pepper, to taste

In a medium saucepan, combine the peach preserves, honey, and lemon. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Set aside.

Heat oven to 350°. Line a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with foil.

Sprinkle the pork roast with salt and pepper. Place the roast, fat side up, in the prepared pan. Roast for 1 hour.

Brush the roast all over with the peach glaze mixture. Continue roasting for about 30 to 40 minutes, brushing with glaze frequently.

A meat thermometer should read 160° when inserted in the center of the roast.

I always put olive oil all over the roast 1st. YUM!!!

Respected Contributor

I cook it in the crock pot with onions, sourkraut.