Super Contributor

Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Not sure if the original thread is going to Thread Heaven tonight (recent decision by QVC due to poster survey). So thought I would start a new one. Yes, I am still buying Fiestaware, but more important, through that thread I have met and come to know some pretty fabulous people. Their knowledge about Fiesta is amazing. In the time we have been posting we have gone through some happy times and some not so happy times. Want to wish everyone and very Happy New Year!

As for still buying, my DH and DD gifted me with 5 place settings of Juniper. So, with a gift card, I went to dishesfast.com and bought the tea pot, chop plate, 2 more dinner plates, and the sugar bowl. Several posters here mentioned dishesfast and so I took the plunge, Can't wait to get them.

Normally I would wait to 12:01 to start a thread like this, but life here on the farm calls for an early morning alarm which translates to a pretty early evening, so I took my chances and posted now.

The Fiesta posters are a happy bunch and I look forward to "seeing" you all in the New Year!

Trusted Contributor

Re: Still Buying Fiestaware (aka Fiestaware thread, Part 2)

Thank you, donasmom, for starting our new year's thread. Happy New Year to all who have posted on the previous Fiesta thread. Looking forward to reading all your Fiesta adventures during 2015.

Fiesta Colander juniper color 5 qt. unopened MINT in BOX METRO

Donasmom, I thought this was interesting---a juniper colander. Do you have one of these?

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Respected Contributor

Happy New Year, Fiestanistas!!

Donasmom--thanks for starting the new thread. Your interest in Juniper has my interest piqued. I have never seen the color but I believe that I would like it. You know how it is. You see the colors online and they vary so much that you aren't sure what Juniper really looks like. That has happened with colors online that I have as well. In any case, I have asked my brother and his GF to keep an eye out for me when cruising through yard sales and antique places. I asked them to find me a ramekin so that I could actually see what the color is and how it will fit in with the colors that I already have. Juniper looks like a teal color and I do like teal so most likely, I will be hooked. That is exactly what happened with Persimmon.

Wismiss--I like that colander and especially in the Juniper. I hope that your brother is doing better. I may have missed some of the posts on the other thread while I was away.

Super Contributor

I got interested in Juniper because of my DD. When we moved to our farm, she bought me the candlesticks because they would go great on the oak mantle in the living room or in the dining room. The dining room has one deep green wall, almost a spruce, and we have Amish furniture in ir. The candlesticks looked beautiful over the holidays. Then she and her dad put their heads together and bought me the place settings. She also bought me some bouillon bowls.

As for the colander, I am intrigued. I would like to put it on the island in my kitchen as use it for fruit. Where did you find it?

Finally, wismiss, 2014 was a tough year for you, praying that 2015 brings nothing but the best to you.

Trusted Contributor

Donasmom: The colander was on e-bay. I have a feeling that it is going to go for a pretty good price. It is now at $44.00 with 12 bids and bidding ends on Sunday at 4:44 p.m. (not sure of the time zone-----does that automatically get adjusted based on where you are).

It is a 5 qt. colander unopened Mint in Box. $8.85 expedited shipping.

Meezer: I don't have any juniper, either, but I do like the handles and the trim on the colander. I didn't know that Fiesta even made anything like this. I wonder if it was an exclusive to a department store??????

I'm going to have to go back to the other thread (I'll have to go and see if it is still there) and get caught up, too. I have been busy going through Christmas items and other things.

Thank you, everyone, for asking about my brother. He goes to the oncologist Monday. He is 20 months older than I, but I started school early, so we were only one grade apart all through school. So, we have always been close. Again, thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta
Trusted Contributor

The older thread is still there, as of this time. Do we want to continue using that one until we reach like 10,000 posts, or do we want to call it and continue with this one. Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Respected Contributor

I'm SO delighted to find this thread, stumbled upon it, really. I've been a fiestaware lover for decades, but, rather than having a favorite color, I'm a flagrant multicolor enthusiast. Plates, cups, serving dishes, everything in different colors. When I open my cupboards, it's a rainbow. Makes me happy!

A few years ago I found the rainbow silverware, to my delight:

Trusted Contributor

Welcome 1Professor: Please keep in touch. If you have been collecting Fiesta for years, you will be a valuable resource to us who are relative "newbies". I love your silverware and if you look at our other thread, you will find lots of pictures. Some people are very good at taking pictures and sharing with the rest of us.

I do hope we hear from you frequently. We love to talk, share, and enable.

Super Contributor

On 1/1/2015 1Professor said:

I'm SO delighted to find this thread, stumbled upon it, really. I've been a fiestaware lover for decades, but, rather than having a favorite color, I'm a flagrant multicolor enthusiast. Plates, cups, serving dishes, everything in different colors. When I open my cupboards, it's a rainbow. Makes me happy!

A few years ago I found the rainbow silverware, to my delight:

Welcome! I love your comment about being a flagrant multi-color enthusiast. I started with cobalt, picked up some retired colors at vintage and antique malls, bought some scarlet because we are an Ohio State family. (Go Bucks!!). My neighbor, when she comes over for coffee, looks at my dishes in the plate rack and calls them a box of Crayola crayons. My kitchen cabinets are full of color as well. And you are soooo right - makes one happy.

I used to be somewhat shy about saying that having cupboards full of colorful dishes make me happy. On a couple of threads I have been make fun of. Not anymore. I only made one Resolution for 2015, and that if something makes me happy, I am not going to be ashamed of it.

Respected Contributor

1Professor--so glad that you found us. Welcome. I love the multicolor look of Fiesta, too. I only have 1 place setting in each of 9 colors so my table is always a rainbow. Like you, I smile when I open my cupboards and see the stacks of colors reminding me of a box of Crayola crayons.

If you have the time, and while it is still available, look at the other thread that has been going on for several years, "I Bought my First Piece of Fiestaware today" or something very similar to that. It is still here but QVC has said that they will be eliminating all the very long threads today. Lots of pictures, lots of ideas on combining pieces, recipes and just plain fun.

Please continue to stop by so we can chat.