Occasional Contributor

I just saw on the news about the pre-packaged caramel apples causing listeria and making people sick with some cases of death. I just gave Mrs. Prindables apples to my co-workers and friends and I was hoping Mrs. Prinables and QVC might offer some information of whether or not these questionable caramel apples include Mrs. Prindables. I'm very concerned. I'm so hoping that the answer is no, but then the advice offered by the news is that any pre-packaged apples should be thrown away. I don't want people to get sick, but that means I spent a good chunk of money for nothing. So please advise. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

I doubt that Mrs. Prindables apples are affected. Mine are on the way, and we will be eating them, unless I hear from QVC not to.

Honored Contributor
Mrs Prindables has issued a statement to QVC regarding their product not being connected to the Listeria problem. Until the product I bought is drawn into this problem, I am not getting my panties in a wad over it. Mrs Prindables makes their own caramel coating, and their apples are made as the orders are filled. I have never bought the coated apples in my grocery store, which are the specific ones involved in this recall. I see no reason at this point to be worried about the apples in my refrigerator.
Occasional Contributor

The Center for Disease Control is warning consumers not to eat carmel/chocolate covered apples until investigators figure out the source of the contamination. I'm not taking the chance. Listeria kills people.

Regular Visitor

I ate one over 3 days. I have 3 more left and won't be eating them until I hear that these apples weren't affected. I also gave them as gifts to my sister and her family. I spoke to her today and they have 2 apples left. She was concerned as well. I hope that QVC will make an announcement when more information is available.Until then, they will sit in my fridge.

Respected Contributor

If there is any issue at all, the Q should give automatic refunds. How awkward as a gift!!!

Super Contributor
On 12/19/2014 RedTop said: Mrs Prindables has issued a statement to QVC regarding their product not being connected to the Listeria problem. Until the product I bought is drawn into this problem, I am not getting my panties in a wad over it. Mrs Prindables makes their own caramel coating, and their apples are made as the orders are filled. I have never bought the coated apples in my grocery store, which are the specific ones involved in this recall. I see no reason at this point to be worried about the apples in my refrigerator.

Exactly

Honored Contributor
On 12/19/2014 KarenQVC said:

If there is any issue at all, the Q should give automatic refunds. How awkward as a gift!!!

I think Q will give a refund if you ask. And I agree - Prindable's would be an awkward gift at this point, even if they say they're safe.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks, everyone. Just wanted to reassure the folks I gifted these apples to...I ate one earlier in the week and do plan on having another this weekend. But wanted the word from QVC. No wads or bunches in my panties. Just didn't want my giftees throwing them in the trash!

Occasional Contributor

Oh, I forgot to add...I also asked at QVC's Facebook page, and this was their reply: Jacqueline, "We understand your concern about this news. The Mrs Prindables company has informed QVC that it has no reason to believe that its products are not safe to enjoy." Beth QVC customer care