Respected Contributor

I'm making Crunchy Coated Peanuts right now, I'm on my 3rd batch.... here is the recipe

Crunchy Coated Peanuts

2 cups raw peanuts

1 cup sugar

½ c water

Put all ingredients in a pot and cook until the water has evaporated and the peanuts are coated. Quickly put on an ungreased sheet pan and bake at 350* for 15 minutes. Take out and let cool. Only make 1 batch at a time.

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm making Crunchy Coated Peanuts right now, I'm on my 3rd batch.... here is the recipe

Also known as Sugar Coated Peanuts or Burnt Peanuts.

I only make these at Christmas, my mom gives me the raw peanuts. I can make 6 batches with the 2 bags she gives me.

I hope my hubby gives these away, they don't need to be in the house. You start eating them and you can't quit. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Re: I'm making Crunchy Coated Peanuts right now, I'm on my 3rd batch.... here is the recipe

Your recipes always sound so delicious. Congrats on the signed cookbook from QVC.

Respected Contributor

All done til next year, no more raw peanuts, unless I get some more when I go to Mom's!!!

Honored Contributor

I always love your recipes.

I have to ask what are raw peanuts? Can you only use raw peanuts?

Respected Contributor

Raw peanuts need to be cooked before eating them. The ones I get have the skins on them. I have never used any other peanuts to make this recipe.

I have seen raw peanuts in the produce section at the store. You may have to ask for them.

The bag says Houston's Raw Redskin Peanuts sold in a 2 lb. bag.

My mom gets them for me. Some group sells them as a fundraiser for their group.

www.houstonspeanuts.com 1-800-334-8383

Honored Contributor

Thank you!

Regular Contributor

I purchased raw peanuts from Amazon to make peanut brittle. I have some left over and wondered what I would do with them, now I know. Thanks!
Honored Contributor

Do you keep the lid off the pan while the syrup is boiling down?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Valued Contributor

Thanks for posting.Smiley Happy