Respected Contributor

Looking For A Large Tin Of Cookies To Bring To Work

This year everyone at work is bringing in something instead of individual gifts which I am glad. I was thinking of bringing in a large tin of cookies as there is already way to much candy. I can only find the smaller ones. In my shopping I thought I saw a large tin of cookies but now I can't remember where I saw it. Anyone see anything like this in there shopping?

Thanks

Honored Contributor

Re: Looking For A Large Tin Of Cookies To Bring To Work

We just picked up a beautiful large one at Trader Joe's for $10.

Super Contributor

We buy big tins of delicious cookies at Sam's Club to give to our special customers. I think the price went up to $10.99 this year.

Esteemed Contributor

Try Costco, or get a stack of the smaller tins for variety.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Respected Contributor

Thank you ladies! I will go and check out Trader Joe's as I am not a member of Costco or Sam'a Club.

Esteemed Contributor

On 12/19/2014 cuddlesmama said:

Thank you ladies! I will go and check out Trader Joe's as I am not a member of Costco or Sam'a Club.

I think both of those places will give you a free daily pass to try them out....just in case you can't find what you want at Trader Joe's....

Respected Contributor

On 12/19/2014 circles said:
On 12/19/2014 cuddlesmama said:

I think both of those places will give you a free daily pass to try them out....just in case you can't find what you want at Trader Joe's....

Thanks I didn't know that.

Esteemed Contributor

I saw a 5 pound tin of Danish cookies at BJ's for $7.99. They also offer a day pass.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

Please don't take this wrong, but I've most always found tins of cookies to be less than acceptable in my little corner of the world. However, I do admit to being extremely picky and do lots and lots of cookie baking myself. The best tin of cookies I ever had was from Neiman Marcus. Would be interested to try out the Trader Joe's tin.

Honored Contributor

On 12/20/2014 sfnative said:

Please don't take this wrong, but I've most always found tins of cookies to be less than acceptable in my little corner of the world. However, I do admit to being extremely picky and do lots and lots of cookie baking myself. The best tin of cookies I ever had was from Neiman Marcus. Would be interested to try out the Trader Joe's tin.

I agree about the less than desirable taste of prepackaged cookie tins. There are so many extra calories this time of year, if I'm going to indulge, I want it to be really good. There are some places that make ok cookies, it's just been my experience that those tinned ones aren't so great.

OP, you could look in my freezer, as there are still several tins there of my homemade ones (already made up the gifts and gave some away)!!