Super Contributor

An Early Merry Christmas to my Fiesta Friends!

I know the original Fiesta thread is (or will) be deleted soon, so I started this thread to wish your all a Merry Christmas! What a difference a year makes. Last Christmas I was living in southern California. My DD was in South Carolina and it was just my husband and son home for the holiday.

This Christmas we are on our farm in Ohio, DD has moved to Ohio and lives across town, DS is closer and comes to visit often with his soon to be (I hope) fiance. DH's family is coming in on Sunday for a family dinner and I have been cooking and baking up a storm.

Thanks for all the support and wisdom you have provided. I know that some have criticized the Fiesta thread, but the posters have been wonderful and it has turned out to be a loving community.

Merry Christmas all!!

Trusted Contributor

Re: An Early Merry Christmas to my Fiesta Friends!

Thank you, and Merry Christmas to you, Donasmom!

I thought I read that they re-thought deleting the old threads and decided to let them stay. I may be wrong though. It is sure a great group on that thread and dear friendships formed!

You have a wonderful Christmas planned with your family on your farm. {#emotions_dlg.wub} That was certainly a big move for you.

I can imagine how much cooking is going on in your kitchen! Fiesta will be put to good use!

I have not done much baking yet, but have had lots of goodies shared with us from friends & family. Tomorrow I plan to bake a treat and I will bring most of it to church on Sunday to be enjoyed during coffee time between services.

Merry Christmas!

Super Contributor

oceantown: your plans sound lovely. I am using my Spode Christmas Tree dishes on Christmas with alot of my Fiesta scarlet pieces. I have some juniper candlesticks (gift from DD) with red candles as my centerpiece. They are flanked by cute little dancing reindeer that I bought in the 70s.

I hope you are right about that thread. I am baffled why these longer threads are upsetting to so many people. It has moved beyond a thread about dishes to sharing the ups and downs of our lives.

Stay safe this Holiday Season and my regards to Mr. Oceantown.

Respected Contributor

Thanks and Merry Christmas to all my Fiestanistas and anyone else who reads this.

I also thought I read somewhere that the threads won't be deleted, but can't seem to find where I saw it. Age is such a wonderful thing!

I have done a little baking; however, DH and I have eaten most of it -- for test purposes, of course. I am on my way out to get some groceries and other odds and ends. I still have some more wrapping to do and a few odds and ends. Hopefully, I will remember to take some pictures of my table when I get it set next week.

Everyone please take good care and have a wonderful holiday. You will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

Trusted Contributor

donasmom, your Spode Christmas Tree and Fiesta Scarlet will make a beautiful table! I love your centerpiece idea.

I had fun making an angel out of fiesta pieces. I am not sure if you saw it on the other thread.

We are going to DD & family's house for breakfast on Christmas Day. They will come to our house for dinner. Our daughter suggested we come down there for breakfast and we thought that was a great idea. For dinner, we may even have just some appetizers & a main dish such as a pan of lasagna or something. She suggested finger foods. Maybe a deli tray... hahah, I am so slow in planning.

Thanks for the greetings to Mr. oceantown, I will let him know!

Hi, 3d,

I have wrapping to do too.

Please take pictures of your table, I would love to see it!

Have fun baking, the testing is the fun part!

Merry Christmas to you and all!

Trusted Contributor

Merry Christmas to All

and to all a good night.

“I can do things you cannot, you can do things I cannot; together we can do great things.” St.Teresa of Calcutta