Respected Contributor

I learned how to make pancit molo today.

I have a Filipino friend, who came over and showed me how to make this soup. It is a chicken broth with shredded chicken and wonton dumplings filled with pork and onions. It is so good. Something good to eat on a cold day.

Respected Contributor

Re: I learned how to make pancit molo today.

Hi Barb

That sounds really good, could you give a recipe/directions for it, I love soup & would like to try this

Thanx

Trusted Contributor

This is so good. ""Prolly"" my favorite...
Esteemed Contributor

I've heard of pancit before. I didn't know what it was.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

On 12/17/2014 HonnyBrown said:

I've heard of pancit before. I didn't know what it was.

Pancit is a Filipino noodle dish made with rice or egg noodles with vegetables and protein. It's similar to Chinese chow Mein. It is mostly served during special occasions. A favorite tradition is to eat a noodle dish for one's birthday since noodles signify long life. Below is a recipe for Pancit Bihon, the traditional Filipino favorite. ---- Pancit Bihon Recipe Serves: 8 Serving size: 8 Cuisine: Filipino Recipe Ingredients 1 lb pancit bihon (Rice Noodles) ½ lb. pork, cut into small thin slices ½ lb. chicken, cooked, deboned, and cut into thin slices ? lb. pea pods or snow pea 1 cup carrot ½ small cabbage, chopped 1 cup celery leaves, chopped finely 1 medium sized onion, chopped ½ tbsp garlic, minced 1 pc chicken cube 5 tbsp soy sauce 3 to 4 cups water Instructions In a large pot, Saute the garlic and onion Add the pork and chicken then let cook for 2 minutes Add the chicken cube and water then simmer for 15 minutes Put in the carrots, pea pod, cabbage, and celery leaves and simmer for a few minutes Remove all the ingredients in the pot except for the liquid and set them aside In the pot with the liquid in, add the soy sauce and mix well Add the pancit bihon (makes sure to first soak it in water for about 10 minutes) and mix well. Cook until liquid evaporates completely Put-in the vegetables and meat that were previously cooked and simmer for a minute or two Serve hot. Share and enjoy!
Respected Contributor

Pancit Molo

To make the dumplings, she cooked a pound of sausage ( She used mild sausage in a tube), but don't brown it. Drain off the grease and put in 1/4 of an onion, chopped. Put a dab of the filling on a square wonton wrapper, sealing the edges with water, folding like a triangle. She then took the two sides and folded them towards the back of the dumpling, pinching them together. Sorta hard to explain, easier to see her doing it. Make dumplings til you run out of filling. Set aside.

Bring about 3 to 3-1/2 quarts of water to a boil, add a chicken thigh and leg to cook. When it was done, she shredded the meat, put it back in the pot with 4 T of soy sauce and 2 chicken bouillon cubes. (I'd use 2 t of Chicken Better than Bouillon). Put in all the dumplings, one by one. Cut the heat down, put on a lid and cook for 15-20 minutes, til the dumplings are soft. It is filling and good. That's is!! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Respected Contributor

Lumpia Filling and Dipping Sauce

1 pound of plain ground pork, no seasoning

8 oz of frozen cooked shrimp, no tails (Salad Size) Thawed and chopped up into small pieces.

1 T of Oyster sauce

dash of salt, pepper and powdered garlic

1 cup of shredded or grated onion, not mushy.

1 cup of shredded carrot

1 package of Spring Home Brand - TYJ Spring Roll Pastry

Flour and water to make a paste to seal the Lumpia

Mix the first 6 ingredients until mixed well. Put one of the Pastry sheets on the counter so it looks like a diamond shape. Put about 2 T of filling in the lower point of the diamond shape. Fold the corner over the filling, tuck it in. Fold in the sides and roll up, put some of the flour/water paste on the upper point of the diamond and keep rolling until it seals itself. Fry at 350-375 until brown and reaches 170* Drain on paper towels.

*Keep making them until you run out of filling, freeze the leftover Spring Roll Pastry. Not sure how many it made, as we cooked, we ate them !!!!!!

Lumpia Dipping Sauce

1/3 c Jufran Banana Sauce

1/3 c sugar

1/3 c vinegar

Stir until the sugar dissolves, and it is ready to use.

Respected Contributor

Thanx Barb, will be doing this soon after Christmas