Respected Contributor

Does Anyone Have A seafood Casserole Recipe?

I want to try something different and I never made a seafood casserole before I don't know why because my DH and myself both love seafood but I am looking for a recipe. I found a recipe on the Cook's website which sounded pretty good. If you have made one and loved it can you tell me where you found the recipe? TIA

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does Anyone Have A seafood Casserole Recipe?

Do you want it to be cream based, tomato based plain or spicy (Cajun) with cheese or not?

Lots of seafood casseroles out there. Just one seafood or mixed?

Regular Contributor

That sounds good. Anyone afraid to eat the seafood coming out of the Pacific? Japans radiation has hit us here on the west coast.

Valued Contributor

On 12/16/2014 polar said:

That sounds good. Anyone afraid to eat the seafood coming out of the Pacific? Japans radiation has hit us here on the west coast.

I live on Cape Cod and thankfully have an abundance of places to order and get seafood from. Obviously from the Atlantic, when buying I always look for "Atlantic, fresh, wild caught". But in all seriousness it's only a matter of time until the radiation comes over here. I remember back when Chernobyl exploded and how many people were nervous on the East coast. I'd just keep an eye out for radiation levels, they are always online for the public to look at.

OP- Not sure if you're looking for a white fish or pink fish, but I prefer white (cod, haddock). They tend to blend better in casseroles and also pick up more flavor. I'm also a big scallop, shrimp, crab and lobster lover.{#emotions_dlg.wub}

There's a bunch of recipes here on allrecipes.com.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy this recipe for crab casserole. I make it in two individual casserole dishes. So, this only makes 2 servings. You could double the recipe and bake in a casserole dish. You could also substitute other cooked seafood, like shrimp, or make a shrimp & crab combination.

This is a picture of one individual serving:

Crab Casserole photo DSCN2278_zps0447ca56.jpg

Crab Casseroles

Makes two servings

Ingredients

8 ounces fresh crab meat (recommend Dungeness)

1/2 cup chopped sweet onion

1/2 cup finely diced celery

1/2 green bell pepper, chopped

2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (I used Best Foods with olive oil)

2 Tablespoons sour cream (regular) (or Greek Plain Yogurt)

2 ounces (1/4 block) regular cream cheese

1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded swiss cheese, divided (freshly shredded)

1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning

1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce

1/4 teaspoon dried parsley (fresh would be good too!)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter 2 individual casserole dishes.

In a large bowl combine onion, celery and bell pepper.

Keep a couple tablespoons of the grated Swiss cheese for the top.

Add rest of the ingredients, except crab meat, and mix well.

Add crab meat and gently fold into the mixture with a spatula.

Spoon mixture into the two prepared individual casserole dishes.

Sprinkle the rest of the grated Swiss cheese on top.

Bake in 350 degree oven for approximately 30 minutes, until bubbly and slightly browned.

Super Contributor

it sounds yummy...

Trusted Contributor

Seafood Lasagna (from Colorado Junior League Cookbook) Serves 12.

8 lasagna noodles

2 10-ounce packages frozen chopped spinach

1/2 to 1 cup chopped onions

2 tablespoons butter

1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened

2 eggs, beaten

1 1/2 cup cream style cottage cheese

2 teaspoon crushed basil

1/4 teaspoon garlic powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

4 grinds black pepper

1 10 3/4-ounce cream of mushroom soup

1/3 cup dry white wine

1/3 cup milk

1 pound shelled, cooked shrimp, halved

1 7 1/2-ounce can crabmeat, drained

1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

1 cup shredded Swiss cheese

Cook noodles according to package directions and drain. Cook spinach and squeeze very dry. Cook onion in butter until tender. Stir in softened cream cheese, eggs, cottage cheese, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Combine soup, wine, shrimp and crabmeat.

Place 4 noodles in bottom of 9 X 13 baking dish. Spread all of the spinach on this layer. Put half of the cheese mixture on top on spinach. Spread half of the soup-seafood mixture on top of cheese mixture. Sprinkle with half the Parmesan cheese. Place four more noodles on top and repeat the layers.

Bake at 350 degrees, uncovered for 45 minutes or until thoroughly hot and bubbly. Top with shredded Swiss cheese and bake 4 more minutes. Let stand 15 minutes before serving.

Trusted Contributor

This is not exactly a casserole, but I have posted it in the past, and have had others wanting the recipe.........as it is wonderful enough, that I bought the recipe book from Captain Andersons Seafood restaurant in Panama City, FL, just for this recipe, back a long time ago.......It really is easy.........{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} This is a copy of my prior post......

This is from Captain Anderson's Restaurant, in Panama City, FL, and I have had the cook book since 1987........... I bought the book after I had this wonderful dish at their resturant..........

SNAPPER MARGUEREY

6 Snapper fillets (4 oz each)

2 dozen raw scallops

12 oz can of select oysters

mornay sauce

2 dozen medium shrimp, raw/deveined

Parmesan cheese

coarse crumbled crackers

Bring a quantitiy of lightly salted water to the boiling point. Place the snapper fillets in the water and return it to the boiling point. Allow 10 minutes of cooking for each inch thickness of fish. After about 5 minutes, add the oysters, scallops, and shrimp. Cook until all four items are done. (this is only minutes)

Pour off water. Place a fillet, four oysters, four shrimp and four scallops in a casserole dishes. cover with mornay sauce, a gererous sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and coarse cracker crumbs. Place the dishes in a preheated 375 degree oven. Brown lightly.

A Rich Mornay Sauce

2 tablespoons butter

6 tablespoons Swiss cheese

2 tablespoons plain flour

2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese

1 cup whole milk

2 tablespoons prepared mustard

1 cup Half and Half

white pepper

Melt butter in shallow saucepan on medium heat. Add flour and blend completely. Add milk and Half and Half stirring constantly and bring to just below boiling. When thickened to desired consistency, add white pepper, mustard, chunks of the Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese, until well melted and blended. Makes about 2 cups of a rich and tasty sauce.

They would place the snapper in the center of like a pasta bowl, and put the shrimp, scallops, and oysters around the snapper, and then continue to follow the recipe as instructed.....This was a very rich but wonderful dish that I can still taste to this day.......

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Super Contributor

This is my very favorite: My Mom made is when we were kids and I still make it. It's like a strata, but is easy and very yummy. Don't know where she got the recipe. It's been in the family for more than 50 years.

Mom's Golden Shrimp Casserole

8 sl. slightly dry white bread, crusts removed, buttered and cubed (10 sl if small slices, like Monk's Bread)

2 c. cleaned cooked shrimp – sliced in half (or 2 cans medium shrimp - NOT tiny shrimp)

1 3-oz can mushrooms

1/2 lb sharp cheddar cheese, grated, divided (2 cups)

3 eggs

2 c. milk (whole milk, please it makes a difference)

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 tsp dried mustard (or a squirt of decent prepared mustard, but not dijon - it's too "hot")

dash pepper

paprika (over the top)

Place 1/2 bread in greased 11x7 baking dish

add shrimp, mushrooms, half cheese

Top w/remaining bread and cheese

Beat together eggs, milk, mustard & spices

Pour over all. Let sit for ½ hour until milk is well-absorbed.

Bake in low oven - 325F

40-50 mins. until just set

Respected Contributor

Thank you so much ladies for the recipes that is no nice of you. I am going to write them all down and try them.Thanks also for the allrecipes link.