Respected Contributor

How are our Californian Community Members?

If you can, please post how you are doing.....talk about extremes....from drought to flooding. Our prayers and thoughts are with you. Stay safe, and hugs from all of us here, Poodlepet2
Honored Contributor

Re: How are our Californian Community Members?

I'm in SoCal, and we're waiting for the intense rain which is supposed to start tonite and continue tomorrow.

I plan to stay home and wrap presents, etc. tomorrow. No one knows how to drive in rain here! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

Honored Contributor

Sort of like people in Houston trying to drive in the snow.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

We go through that in Florida: people don't realize that driving through ponding water and possibly hydroplaning is every bit as dangerous as driving on icy roads. I wish you well, and a beautiful, peaceful day. It's going to be a little chilly on our island tomorrow, and I am making a pot of chicken bean soup, a loaf of Gloriajean's Health Bread, and a batch of oatmeal cookies. I can't wait! I hope you will do something a little special while you wrap gifts.....a nice buttery English muffin with the spread of your choice, and a cup of tea sounds wonderful! Be safe, Poodlepet2
Trusted Contributor

I live in northern cal. winecountry area, it has been raining all night and day , the streams are overflowing and the river should reach flood leval later but not go over,yes we had a drought,so I am loving the rain, we had a large earthquake in august doing a lot of damage and now this. This county has been doing a lot of flood control work that cost millions, so this will be the trial to see if it works. I live with a creek on one side and a river on the other, 10 years ago we had 2 floods and the houses down the street flooded they had there house raised after the second one,the water came up the street half way, I live on a slightly higher ground so not effected but our town was flooded. So far we are doing ok,just warnings, I don't think it is as bad as they thought it would be, thanks for asking.Tucka.

Honored Contributor

Waiting for it to hit in the wee hours. I will be driving to work just after 6 a.m., right when they have forecast the hardest downpour :-(

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Super Contributor

I'm in the South Bay area. it started raining here at about 9am and has been constant ever since, but not really heavy. I just did a half hour walk with the dog at 3pm and didn't see any local flooding, other than a bit of a duckpond on a quiet lane. The drainage, storm drains, guttering etc, seem to be working.

My mail lady actually came a bit earlier than usual.

It's not windy here at all. Overall, much quieter than expected.

Esteemed Contributor

Not as bad as expected. It has been raining steadily all day but not too hard. So far no flooding or power outages, but the rain is supposed to continue through the night.

Super Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Tinkrbl44 said:

I'm in SoCal, and we're waiting for the intense rain which is supposed to start tonite and continue tomorrow.

I plan to stay home and wrap presents, etc. tomorrow. No one knows how to drive in rain here! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

I'm in SoCal too and you are so right - people can not drive in the rain - they don't slow down and I bet there will be at least 100-200 accidents tomorrow. Please slow down and don't cut in front of people..... Wish I didn't have to drive to Dr. apt. tomorrow....

Trusted Contributor

On 12/11/2014 Kachina624 said: Sort of like people in Houston trying to drive in the snow.

And Dallas!