Trusted Contributor
I just bought a set of Calphalon Contemporary cookware. I get it all put away and look in the instruction book. It says" do not nest pans for storage. Doing so will void the lifetime warranty". My question.....does anyone have this cookware and do you nest them for storage? How likely is it that nesting will damage the cooking surfaces? Would this be enough to make you return the set? Would you take a chance? I have a small kitchen. Hanging pots in my kitchen would be like the Sword of Damocles over my head! Does QVC cookware have the same restriction? Thanks,everyone. All replies appreciated.
Honored Contributor

I suppose it's probably to protect the nonstick coating from scratches. I never noticed that sort of warning, but I don't have anything from this particular line. I have quite a few pieces of Calphalon from their Unison line that I love. They cost more, but they are very nice hard anodized pots/pans.

If you have some of those felt things that you put between your china pieces (or I even use them between my Fiesta stuff), you could use those. A while back I got a huge package of those, in all sizes, from Amazon for cheap. They are a good thing to have.

What I also do with some of my pans is to just keep the plastic bag they come in and put them in their own bags before stacking in the cabinet.

Respected Contributor

I have a few pieces of Calphalon cookware. I bought a pack of a dozen microfiber cloths and put a cloth in between each pot/pan. Works perfectly for me.

I put a microfiber cloth in between all my cookware, especially the nonstick type.

Trusted Contributor

You can buy these for your pots and pans at several places, including Amazon, which protect them from scratches, with understanding that scratches do not change the non stick, just help them to stay better looking........Cool

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......
Trusted Contributor
Duh! Now why didn't I think of these things.......thanks to all who replied. I am keeping the set and looking forward to holiday cooking. Appreciate the suggestions!
Super Contributor
I actually just use a paper towel or napkin between them.
Trusted Contributor

There's a rubber like shelf liner I cut to fit the pans I stack. It's a cheap fix that has worked well for years on my nonstick pans. Works much like the flowers in forrestwolf's post.

Trusted Contributor
Thanks,everyone. Cookware is put away,thanks to the suggestions/solutions made here.
Contributor
I just got a new set for Christmas. Fortunately I have a hanging setup in the kitchen. I didn't even read about the nesting! I washed everything and lightly oiled the pcs. I got tired of replacing the CE sets every 2-3 years. And I was always careful about washing, utensils etc. this new colored stuff they came out with is total junk in my opinion! It looks like someone took a shotgun to the NONSTICK COATING!!
Super Contributor

This is what I do.