Trusted Contributor

So - went to Aldi's yesterday - WOW - what a great assortment of holiday specialties!! All kinds of candies, cakes, cookies, cheeses! Prices were very good too. I really had to pull in the reins - I'm such a sucker for that stuff! Guess the diet will have to be on the back burner till after the New Year!

Valued Contributor

Love all those cookies made in Germany and the chocolates too. Lots of goodies to make the holiday festive, and you don't have to spend a fortune. It is fun to look at their variety.

Regular Contributor

I love Aldi's but especially this time of year. I keep trying to resist their cherry Stollen but the very thought of it haunts me...lol. Haven't tried the other 2 flavors.

The other night I had the Pumpkin Chipotle pasta sauce over cheese ravioli's. I really liked it but my #1 fave is the Butternut Squash pasta sauce. A seasonal product so I stock up.

Tried the coffee (donut shop) for the first time, very good. If they still have the pumpkin spice coffee creamer, I have to say, it's the best and I don't even like flavored coffee.

I'm heading there Weds. for a few things.....will see how the willpower holds out..... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Regular Contributor
On 12/8/2014 TN halfback said:

I love Aldi's but especially this time of year. I keep trying to resist their cherry Stollen but the very thought of it haunts me...lol. Haven't tried the other 2 flavors.

The other night I had the Pumpkin Chipotle pasta sauce over cheese ravioli's. I really liked it but my #1 fave is the Butternut Squash pasta sauce. A seasonal product so I stock up.

Tried the coffee (donut shop) for the first time, very good. If they still have the pumpkin spice coffee creamer, I have to say, it's the best and I don't even like flavored coffee.

I'm heading there Weds. for a few things.....will see how the willpower holds out..... {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Yes I purchased a few jars of each early last month, haven't tried them yet, I guess waiting to figure out what they would be good on. Glad to hear they were good.

Trusted Contributor
Bought a few things to put in a food gift basket for the inlaws. Did you see the dark chocolate covered cherries? We bought one to try for us and they are so good! I don't mean those goopy sickly ones. They are just big whole dried cherries covered in yummy dark chocolate and they work out to about 15 calories each so if you can just eat a couple they are a delicious treat.
Respected Contributor
LynneUK: Thanks a lot . I was there today but now have to go back tomorrow for the choc covered cherries. Theirs sound very good. And I even like the 'goopy' ones.
Respected Contributor
The Cherries are always gone. I want to try them!
Trusted Contributor

They also had some chocolate covered marzipan stollen bites that are real good - had one with my evening tea last night. Actually big enough for about 4 bites!

A couple other things - cranberry cheddar cheese - looks good, haven't tried yet. Pumpkin sparkling cider - sounds crazy enough to be interesting - haven't tried yet. French brioche ring - very good. Bought extra one for the freezer for Christmas morning. And the gourmet cookie dough - excellent!!! I baked two and froze the rest for later. But I might go back for more of that!

Super Contributor

Their Choceur coca dusted truffles are Belgian chocolate...and fabulous! They are the same ones they sell at Trader Joes.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion