Honored Contributor
I've had it at different affairs yet have never purchased myself. I'm hosting a open house next weekend with about 25-30 people and will be serving a lite dinner/appetizer menu. I was thinking of getting a ham - suggestions please on what style/kind to buy. I will be leaving on a vacation so I don't want any leftovers other than a little ham for breakfast. Thank you
Honored Contributor
Is it possible a ham starts at $63 for 1/2 ham????
Honored Contributor

Why not get one of the hams QVC sells - Smithfield or Kansas City?

Respected Contributor
I suggest going over to Aldi and getting that spiral ham....they are so delicious.I have made them for parties,funerals,holiday and never had a bad one. I'm making one this Christmas again. They are not expensive at all.
Contributor
Honey Baked is the best. Get a medium to large boneless.
Super Contributor

Honey Baked Hams can be pricey. Haven't purchased one in years, but remember when I did, it was over $40. If you can find a Cooks brand ham at a grocery store in your area, they are very good. I also agree with a previous poster who recommends Aldi's hams. They too, are very good and very reasonably priced.

Respected Contributor
If you type ""Aldi ham "" in the search bar in the forums you can see all the comments on this ham.
Honored Contributor

Of the readily available hams I think Cure 81 is best. I would rate it over Aldi's from the ones I've had. Spiral sliced, whole or butt portion!

Super Contributor

Spiral ham is a nice choice. Go to the Honeybaked website and they have a chart to guide you in the size to purchase. I would think 10 pounds would be good. Save the bone in your freezer and use it to make a split pea soup sometime in the future.

If you have a Costco near you, they have a very similar item for around $4 per pound. HoneyBaked price is bout $8 per pound. I've bought Costco's version in the past and find them very similar to the HoneyBaked version. Comes with a sugar packet that you mix with juice or water to make a tasty glaze.

Honored Contributor
Thank you for your replies. I did the chart and omg I'm pretty shocked what a ham could cost! I can do it myself may go to Costco or SAMs. Wouldn't order off QVC as I'm not sure of these brands and think maybe overpriced.