Honored Contributor

Does anyone here have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher?

It got the top rating in Consumer Reports. Does anyone here own this dishwasher?

I'd love some feedback, thank you. Smile

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone here have a Kenmore Elite dishwasher?

There is no Kenmore manufacturing. Kenmore puts its name on products manufactured by Whirlpool, Fridgidare, GE, and the Korian Companies. Probably the best dishwasher in the market are: Bosch, and Kitchen Aid, which is a Whirlpool product. Go for the Bosch. My husband sells appliances and is very knowlegeable about them. He dictated that for me. Hope that helps.

Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 gloriajean said:

There is no Kenmore manufacturing. Kenmore puts its name on products manufactured by Whirlpool, Fridgidare, GE, and the Korian Companies. Probably the best dishwasher in the market are: Bosch, and Kitchen Aid, which is a Whirlpool product. Go for the Bosch. My husband sells appliances and is very knowlegeable about them. He dictated that for me. Hope that helps.

I would have thought that, but Consumer Reports magazine lists the Kenmore Elite as the best of all - much higher rating than the Bosch. I wonder why.

~ house cat ~
Valued Contributor

I have all kenmore elite appliances in my kitchen, about 5 yrs now. When we were deciding on dishwasher I wanted a Bosch, salesman said it was equal to Bosch. I absolutely love it and since I own 2nd home with a Bosch dishwasher, you will not be disappointed. So quiet and spacious. My elite fridge is french door. No complaints.
Esteemed Contributor

Our Bosch is 11 years old and still runs like new!! Nice and quiet too! I use it almost every day!

Honored Contributor

Yes. It's now about 6 years old, and worked great for the first 4 years, but not so great the last two. I've tried cleaning it....took it apart to check for blockages....can't find any reason why it no longer cleans well.

I have to check carefully as I remove items, and I always need to further clean at least half a dozen things out of each load, especially if they've been on the top rack.

Occasional Contributor

I have one and love it!! Why pay for the name brand when you can get the Kenmore version of an appliance at a much better value. I was never a Kenmore owner before this purchase and I have since then bought a Kenmore double convection oven last year. I subscribe to CR and they have never steered me wrong. Also I extensively research products and merchants prior to making purchases to ensure that I'm an informed consumer. Hope this helps!
Honored Contributor

On 11/28/2014 september said:

Yes. It's now about 6 years old, and worked great for the first 4 years, but not so great the last two. I've tried cleaning it....took it apart to check for blockages....can't find any reason why it no longer cleans well.

I have to check carefully as I remove items, and I always need to further clean at least half a dozen things out of each load, especially if they've been on the top rack.

This is what happened with the Frigedair I have now. DH and I have tried everything we can think of, but we can't fix it.

Can I ask what kind of soap you use? I'm wondering if the gel pacs I used had anything to do with it. I've used Finish Gel Pacs for the last couple of years.

~ house cat ~
Contributor

Yes, I have all kenmore elite appliance and they work great! The dishwasher is great too! I thought about Bosch, but learned they don't have heated drying. I was worried about always opening the dishwasher to wet dishes. I'm sure that must not be a huge issue because they are a top rated brand that has been around a long time as well.
Trusted Contributor

I have a dishwasher and am not happy with it. It's stainless with a stainless inside. Has lots of bells and whistles. But I'm not pleased with it.

One day, I started a load of dishes and then went down to the basement to use the treadmill. When I was finished, I came back up into the living room and smelled melted plastic. The dishwasher's electronic "motherboard" had started to melt. Called the repair person and he said that happens a lot with Kenmore. He replaced the motherboard and it's been OK.

But I don't think it cleans all that well sometimes and we've taken the thing apart and can't find anything. We keep getting holes in the line to the rinse agent, so we use a ton of rinse agent. We're on our second silverware holder because the first one pretty much disintegrated....holes in the bottom where it looks like it melted. We don't put any knives in the dishwasher, so it's not from that. We bought another one (from eBay, of all places) and it's lasted longer than the original one.

I wouldn't buy another one.