Esteemed Contributor

DH pleasantly surprised me! He came in and cleaned up the dishes every few hours while dinner was being prepared. He put the leftovers in Tupperware and in the refrigerator and then cleaned the kitchen and took out the trash a few times.

He annoyed me when he stayed in the kitchen with me and questioned what I was doing: why are you using that pasta or why do you have the cider in the freezer or blah blah blah. I could have done without that.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Who is DH ?

Trusted Contributor

Dan Hughes?

Trusted Contributor

Helpful.

Do the math.
Honored Contributor

For Thanksgiving day, mostly useless. Works the night before, gets home at about 4 am and pretty much just eats and sleeps if we don't keep him entertained.

As to that same question directed to life with him in general, depends on the day, and my mood!

Honored Contributor
My DH is usually underfoot when I am cooking, which drives me crazy. Our galley kitchen does not accommodate multiple people, so I usually ban him from that area while I am busy prepping. Once dinner was over, he cleaned the kitchen, and put the food away as usual, but he cannot seem to stay out of the way when I am cooking.
Esteemed Contributor

If DH is an abbreviation for dear heart meaning HUSBAND.... I am envious. I would love the help and concern in my house. It would seem that it is MY JOB. Count your blessings.

Honored Contributor

Mine is a gem. I don't like him in the kitchen, but he's always ready to run out for things I need or may have forgotten.

In addition, he spent his Thanksgiving morning, 8 am - 2 pm, delivering meals to shut-ins. He delivers for the Meals program in our neighborhood daily, but TG Day was an extra day - he had 68 delivers all over our valley. One lady hugged him and said, "You are a lifesaver". He really is. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

~ house cat ~
Honored Contributor

Sounds like he's a keeper.

Honored Contributor

Well, he is useful in many many many OTHER ways but I don't want him in the kitchen. I really don't want him coming out every few minutes, as he tends to do, asking me 'how's it going'. I know he means well so I just respond.

But one thing with me now is that I get confused a lot and I have to maintain a train of thought. Every time he breaks in to my train of thought I lose what I'm doing and have to figure it out again. I'm getting used to this, but it sure does go a lot better without the well-meaning interruptions.

As for doing stuff in the kitchen - I'll pass. I have very precise ways that I want things prepared and cooked. In my head, I'm the only one who could/would do them that way, so I don't want the 'help'.

I have let him help me with dishes in the past but I do work pretty hard to 'clean as I go' so there's never that much at the end and I'll just go ahead and do them. Hey, I don't work outside the house anymore and he works long days almost every day so I figure there are some things that I'll handle around here - as long as I can, anyway. Smiley Happy