Trusted Contributor

Review of Trader Joes fresh brined turkey.

We usually just get a frozen turkey from Wegmans but I kept hearing about the Trader Joes brined fresh turkey's and how good they were that we decided to try one this year. $1.99lb as opposed to Wegmans at 48c lb if you spend $25. Well we all thought that this was the best turkey we'd had in years. Very moist and had a wonderful flavor. I did cook it a little differently so don't know how much that had to do with it. I removed the back bone for more even cooking, rubbed a herb compound butter under and over the skin and cooked it at a high temp. 450 for 45 minutes then 350 for about an hour. It really was delicious and I'd definitely spend the extra money for another one next year.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Review of Trader Joes fresh brined turkey.

We heart TJ's brined turkeys, too!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you for the review!

How big are the turkeys? How many pounds?

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Makes a big difference to buy fresh! The brining helps a lot, also.

For many years I just rinsed and seasoned and in the oven. For a while now I've been brining and it's just so much better. But it is a bit of a pain and you have to handle the raw poultry twice instead of just once, which I don't love. It's worth it, though. Smiley Happy

Contributor

Thank you for taking the time to post the review. I had never considered this, so it was really helpful. I'll keep it in mind for the future!

Super Contributor

We bought one last year for the first time and it was fantastic. It is a new Holiday tradition.

Also the already prepared sides in the refrigerator case are delicious.

Trusted Contributor

Honnybrown, you can get any size. We got one about 141/2 lbs but they had all sizes. Chickenbutt, the Trader Joes ones have already been brined so it makes it very easy, no mess.