Super Contributor

Help my Food Network hand mixer bit the dust after my daughter tried to use it in a much too thick cookie batter. It lived a busy life and am sad to see it go but was wondering what hand mixer do you use and love. I looked at the kitchenaid ones and they get eh reviews online. Mostly saying not as strong for the price you are paying. So which is your favorite and hope to get a deal on it on Friday. TIA

Honored Contributor

To each their own, but I bought the 9-speed KitchenAid here on QVC and really like it. If it ever kicked the bucket, I'd get the same one again.

Honored Contributor

My main one is a Cuisinart. I've had it for at least 15 years and it works great still. I like that the 'low' speed is low. IIRC it has 7 or 9 speeds.

I also bought that Sunbeam that QVC sold years ago, with the stainless steel bowl. It's really nice and Sunbeam has always been a great brand. But one reason I hardly ever (well, almost never actually) use it is that the lowest speed is WAY WAY too high.

I usually tend to use speeds 1, 2, or 3 at the very most with my Cuisinart. But the 1 speed on the Sunbeam is like about 6 on the Cuisinart. I don't use a mixer that much, though, so YMMV. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have an older KA hand mixer that I got as a wedding gift. I have been very happy with it.

Respected Contributor

I have a Cuisinart that also has a whisk attachment and dough hooks. Had it for years, and have been very happy with it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Respected Contributor

I bought a Cuisinart 9-speed hand mixer 3 years ago, and it malfunctioned within the first two months of use. The first speed, which was supposed to be a slow start as to not fling ingredients, all of a sudden started at a very high speed, and when I increased the speed to see what it would do, it would randomly go slower then faster then slower and so forth. I called Cuisinart, and they had me send it back to them ON MY DIME, and they sent me a new one. It lasted two years before it started smelling hot one day and then started doing what the first one did. I will never buy another Cuisinart hand mixer again. I'm sure the older ones were made better.

I had had a KA before the first Cuisinart. It was a three-speed and lasted many years. After the second Cuisinart died, I couldn't buy a KA hand mixer fast enough. I got a seven-speed and have been very happy with it. It is also SO QUIET compared to the Cuisinart. Get a KA...you will not be sorry!

Honored Contributor

I'm in with the Cuisinart crowd. Bed and bath has bunch use the 20% off coupon to boot.

Respected Contributor

This one http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/toastess-delfino-chrome-16-speed-hand-mixer-by-toastes...

Looks promising due to 16 speeds in a hand mixer. It is at BBB so you can use a 20% off coupon from $49. You also have their return policy if you like.

Reviews at amazon http://www.amazon.com/Toastess-DLHM564-Mixer-Stainless-Steel/dp/B002A3AV5O

I have a digital GE that was only offered at WalMart. I also have a Kitchen Aid 5 speed, on clearance at WM for $15, so I have two. Though I find myself using a spoon to mix up simple things like cookies and cakes on the fly. For breads I use my bread maker, so my mixers, including Wolfgang PUck Bistro mixer, go unused these days. I do have cookie baking sessions and use the hand held or when I bake a 20+ layer cake, so I use which ever I grab. I do like the GE since it has a slow start up to speed regardless of the speed you use. It in a nice case, but they don't sell it anymore. You can see it at the GE website.

Frequent Contributor

I got one of the KitchenAid 721 series hand mixers not too long ago and it's perfect. I too had the Sunbeam one that looked like a retro mixer and came with the storage mixing bowl but it had limited speed control and I never could figure out the right way to unhook the beaters. I love being able to have plenty of power and still have 7 easily controlled speeds. And there were lots of colors to choose from too. I got it because I love my big KitchenAid but sometimes I just need a small mixer. It looks like my pretty little KitchenAid is a winner too!

Honored Contributor

I have a Cuisinart one (hand held) and got one for my SIL last Christmas. After her first use she called me to say how much she liked hers. I really like mine too. HTH