Occasional Contributor

Good morning! I have ALWAYS ALWAYS wanted a KA stand mixer. This past weekend, a friend offered to sell me her 6 quart professional mixer and of course I bought it!! Smiley Happy

But I do not have an instructional manual. The main question I have is, does all attachments for all the mixers or are they different sizes? I did not recive the standard beater either, i think. I got the metal whisk & metal dough hook.

TIA for any words of wisdom.

Super Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid Mixer Question

If you go to KA website you can download a PDF manual for your mixer . For the most part I think most all attachements/accessories fit all the mixers w/ maybe the exception of the one you have, but I don't have the 6qt so I could be wrong - the manual will likely give you part numbers etc....it's all there on their webiste - have fun!!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

The 5 and 6 quart KA mixers all have the same hub on the front so the attachments fit all of them! Congratulations on the 6 qt! It's the bomb.

The only thing: call KA customer service or look up the model number to see if it uses the old style or the spiral dough hook. For some reason, they told me it mattered which dough hook you could use, but I have NO idea why.

Occasional Contributor

On 11/25/2014 Sooner said:

The 5 and 6 quart KA mixers all have the same hub on the front so the attachments fit all of them! Congratulations on the 6 qt! It's the bomb.

The only thing: call KA customer service or look up the model number to see if it uses the old style or the spiral dough hook. For some reason, they told me it mattered which dough hook you could use, but I have NO idea why.

AWESOME! Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Congrats! I'm in the process of selling mine to downsize to the tilt back style as I don't bake, etc as much you'll love the power of this mixer!
Regular Contributor

Ebay has attachments . A manual can be fond there sometimes .

When I bought my 6qt. mixer the meat grinder , from my 5qt. mixer would not work.

Kitchenaid web site is a great place for getting any help you might need.

I had my 5qt. 30 years, gave it to my daughter, it's still working, the 6qt. 10 years. You can't go wrong with a Kitchenaid.

Oh one more thing, from my first mixer to now( looked at new ones at Target) {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} the stainless steel bowls are the same heavy weight.

Regular Contributor

On 11/25/2014 homedecor1 said: Congrats! I'm in the process of selling mine to downsize to the tilt back style as I don't bake, etc as much you'll love the power of this mixer!

Why do you want to downsize?

I live alone now but still like the my 6qt. Just wondering.

Honored Contributor

My grinder works fine on the 5 and 6 quart both--and I is at least 20 years old. It's the same hub on both mixers. My mom's was bought in 1983 and still works on the same attachments.

Regular Contributor

On 11/25/2014 Sooner said:

My grinder works fine on the 5 and 6 quart both--and I is at least 20 years old. It's the same hub on both mixers. My mom's was bought in 1983 and still works on the same attachments.

My metal meat grinder from my 5qt. mixer did not work on my 6qt. Kitchenaid told me that it does sometimes happen.