Honored Contributor

After once again creating spoon fudge, please let me start a fudge tried and true recipe hunt. This is now a quest to find the elusive fudge recipe that I can do.

Please share.

Respected Contributor

Re: Fudge! I need help please.

Re Fudge: The classic fudge is a sugar and chocolate syrup that is stirred in such a way as to prevent big crystals of sugar forming. That's why it's cooked with a candy thermometer to the "soft ball" stage and then stirred after it cools a bit, to prevent big crystals of sugar. The link is to Serious Eats, where they explain it better and give a recipe. You have to follow it to the letter.

There are fudge recipes that avoid the temperature-stirring issue. They often involve condensed milk (a syrupy sweetened milk) or marshmallow phloof (another syrupy confection.) Paula Deen has a recipe that is easy.

Super Contributor

Wow...you ladies are up EARLY!! I have a recipe that is the best. I will post it later....have been making it for years, and it does need a candy thermometer.

Honored Contributor

Easiest one is the one using Eagle Brand Sweetened condensed milk just slowly melt the can of milk add (melt in and stir) in the choc chips and nuts, dash of vanilla there U go.

Honored Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

On 11/25/2014 Sharke said:

http://www.eaglebrand.com/recipes/foolproof-chocolate-fudge-3968

I have used the microwave method with a large microwave safe bowl to melt the chocolate.

Super Contributor

Here it is:

Fantasy Fudge

1 1/2 sticks butter

3 cups sugar

1 5oz. can evaporated milk

1 12 oz. pkg. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 7 oz. jar marshmallow crème

1 tsp. vanilla

1 cup chopped nuts (optional) I don't use because we don't like nuts in it.

Mix, sugar, butter, and milk in heavy 3 qt. saucepan. Bring to a full boil, stirring constantly. Boil over medium heat till candy thermometer reaches 234* F , stirring constantly to prevent scorching. Remove from heat. Stir in chocolate till melted. Add marshmallow crème and vanilla. Mix well. Stir in nuts, if using. Pour into buttered 9x13" pan. Cool at room temperature. Cut into squares. Makes 3 lbs.

Super Contributor

I don't care for the softer, creamy fudge. I like the type that is made with a candy thermometer. It has a firmer texture to it. Unfortunately, I'm totally lost when it comes to using a candy thermometer. My candy thermometer will say that it is at the soft-ball stage, but my candy comes out like a rock...so I just buy fudge.

I do have this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter fudge that is always popular with my children and grandchildren. (I love it too.)

Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

1 regular size (approx. 3 oz.) dark chocolate pudding & pie filling

1/3 c. milk

1/2 cup creamy peanut butter

1 3/4 c. sifted confectioners' sugar

1/2 teaspoon vanilla

peanuts (optional)

Combine pudding and milk. Add peanut butter. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes very thick. Remove from heat. Blend in confectioners' sugar. Stir in vanilla. Pour into buttered 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan. Let stand till cold. Cut into pieces. (Makes about 1 pound.)

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Frequent Contributor

No fail marshmallow fl*ff fudge. Been making for years & have never had a problem. Recipe is on allrecipes or back of fl*ff jar.

Respected Contributor

This makes the old fashioned grainy fudge. A lady back home made this fudge and use to sell it at a local festival. I asked for the recipe, but she never would share it. Guess what her mother put the recipe in the town cookbook. Now you and I have it!!!! Smiley Happy Smiley Happy It is my favorite fudge.

Chocolate Fudge

6 c granulated sugar

1 1/2 c Hershey's Cocoa

1 1/3 sticks butter

1 large can evaporated milk

1/2 c whole milk

2 t vanilla

Lightly butter a 9 by 13 inch pan and set aside. Mix all ingredients in a 6 qt saucepan. Cook on from low to medium heat until mixture thickens. Remove from heat and beat rapidly for several minutes with a spoon. Fold in 1 cup chopped nuts and pour into the prepared pan. Cut fudge in squares while still warm. After fudge has cooled, store in a covered container.