Occasional Contributor

What stores have really good return policies? My husband's Keuring didn't even last 2 years (from QVC). We are planning to buy a new one where there is a better return policy. Is Kohl's return as good as BBB? It seems like it is--return anytime for any reason? Has anyone ever returned anything after 1 year and gotten the merchandise credit at Kohls? Is it as good as I've heard BBB's return policy is?

Super Contributor

Kohls has a great return policy. I don't think I have every had a problem returning something there. Coffee pot that was over a year old, no problem. Costco also has a great return policy. I have seen people bringing in stained, worn out sofas and they take them back with a smile.

Honored Contributor

I have never returned something I've had that long from Kohl's, but I have been told by management there that they will take back anything at any time for any reason you aren't happy with it.

I was purchasing some jewelry, and was inquiring about returning if there was a problem with the clasps over time, as I had that type problem with other pieces in the past. The sales associate told me the above, and so did a manager when I called in later to confirm that information.

I never did need to return the item, but felt better knowing I could if it didn't hold up over the course of more than 30 days.

Not that you will find a Keurig there, but Land's End is great about that too. I have returned boots after 4 years because they started leaking, and lunchboxes after several years when the lining inside started to peel and disintegrate.

Respected Contributor

LLBean has a lifetime return policy if that matter!

Trusted Contributor

Coffee makers do not have lifetime warranties, and to return something outside of warranty is an abuse of the return policy and unethical -- whether the store accepts it or not.

Honored Contributor
On 11/24/2014 KYToby said:

Coffee makers do not have lifetime warranties, and to return something outside of warranty is an abuse of the return policy and unethical -- whether the store accepts it or not.

There is nothing unethical if a store advertises that they will accept a return for any reason you are not satisfied. If I purchased a Keurig and it only lasted two years, I'd have no problem returning it to a store that had that policy. I'm old school. A product should last more than the 10 minutes many of them do today. Something as expensive as a Keurig should give at least 10 years of service if properly taken care of.

A store or company that offers this kind of policy is not loosing, they are gaining and retaining happy customers, and happy customers spend more money.

Esteemed Contributor

I know Costco has a great return policy. I bought a room air conditioner and returned after several months. We guarantee your satisfaction on every product we sell with a full refund. Exceptions: Televisions, projectors, computers, cameras, camcorders, touchscreen tablets, iPOD / MP3 players and cellular phones must be returned within 90 days of purchase for a refund.

We offer two convenient return options. Costco.com refunds include shipping and handling fees.

1. For an immediate refund, simply return your purchase to any Costco location

Honored Contributor
Kohls has a great return policy, but I'd never abuse it.
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Super Contributor

I agree, returning a worn out item after a long time is abusing the system. If you get 2 years out of a small kitchen appliance like a Keurig, sounds about right to me. If not you should take it up with the manufacturer. How long was the warranty?

My friend tried to return an outfit she never wore to Chico's, after 11 months. She was shocked and angry they refused to accept the return. Um, what is Chico's supposed to do with last year's stuff? The customer is not always right.

Super Contributor
On 11/24/2014 Penellope said:

I agree, returning a worn out item after a long time is abusing the system. If you get 2 years out of a small kitchen appliance like a Keurig, sounds about right to me. If not you should take it up with the manufacturer. How long was the warranty?

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Keurigs can be pricey so I would expect to get longer than 2 years out of it. However if I didn't I wouldn't expect to be able to return it to the store I bought it from. I would be looking at another brand or style of coffee maker.

We had a cuisanart keurig machine in my office, it got heavy use with ~100 people on the floor. When we got a lumbed in keurig they gave it to a smaller office where it is still in use so maybe look into a cuisinart brand one