Respected Contributor

I'm taking my turkey out of the freezer today, to thaw in the refrigerator !!!

I want to make sure it is thawed out ready to cook for Thursday!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm taking my turkey out of the freezer today, to thaw in the refrigerator !!!

I took mine out yesterday morning.

The Butterball website said to give my 10 pound turkey 2.5 days to thaw, but my Mom said to put it in the fridge on Saturday.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Occasional Contributor

Re: I'm taking my turkey out of the freezer today, to thaw in the refrigerator !!!

I have two 20 lb. turkeys in my refrigerator. I started defrosting on Friday. I checked on them this morning and they are still frozen solid.
Regular Contributor

yes this is the time to do it! My D-I-L always does the water overnight method.....I just don't get that!!! How on earth can a turkey thaw over night.

Esteemed Contributor

ok

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

I bought a breast this past Thursday. The grocer assured me I could put it directly into the fridge and it would be okay to cook on Thanksgiving. I'm starting to worry about it now.

~ house cat ~
Esteemed Contributor

I'm doing 2 breasts, so I will take mine out tomorrow.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

Hubby took our 16/1/2 pound turkey out of the freezer late Thursday night I want to make sure he is thawed good. Last year we took him out of the freezer on a Sunday he still had ice in the cavity what a pain to get that ice out.

Respected Contributor

We are making a large turkey breast - just took it out this morning.

Super Contributor

They say to allow at least one day of thawing for every 4lbs. I have a 12lb turkey so I plan to move it from the freezer to the refrigerator tonight and that will allow me a little extra thawing time.