Contributor

Why does David hold his wine glass by the base? No one does that. He correct way is by the stem of the glass. You never hold the bowl of the glass because your hand will warm the wine. But he looks ridiculous holding it by the base. I suppose he thinks he's an expert like he does with everything.

Contributor
Oh the horror, by the base? Qvc should fire him! Why do you post such absurdly mean posts? You SOUND ridiculous with such ridiculousness. David is a kind and thoughtful person. You would be so lucky to call him friend.
Respected Contributor

Petty much? Fact - he's a BIG GUY with BIG HANDS and while you and most people hold their wine glass by the stem, big fellas find it easier to hold the base and stem. My hubby was a big guy and held his wine glass the same way.

Respected Contributor
On 11/19/2014 catlover53 said:

Why does David hold his wine glass by the base? No one does that. He correct way is by the stem of the glass. You never hold the bowl of the glass because your hand will warm the wine. But he looks ridiculous holding it by the base. I suppose he thinks he's an expert like he does with everything.

Is that some kind of rule or law he has broken? Are you some kind of expert on holding a glass of wine?

He looks no more ridiculous than this topic sounds.

Trusted Contributor

I have been to a number of tutored wine tastings conducted by sommeliers -- sommeliers who have held the glass by the base.

When tasting wine, one frequently wishes to open up the bouquet to appreciate the aromas. Swirling is frequently done utilizing the base.

Honored Contributor

I hold mine between my toes.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor
On 11/19/2014 sparklestar said:
On 11/19/2014 catlover53 said:

Is that some kind of rule or law he has broken? Are you some kind of expert on holding a glass of wine?

He looks no more ridiculous than this topic sounds.

:golfclap:

Occasional Contributor

Wow, if I were him and read some of your posts, I'd lock my doors, get a security system and buy a pitbull.

Trusted Contributor
The wine police are at it again - Like it really matters how someone holds their glass. At least he used a glass!
Super Contributor

I don't watch him. Just looked at the video, and it does look stupid and awkward holding it from the base. What does having big hands have to do with the way you hold a wine glass. Don't get that one. I thought this was going to be another complaint about the hosts drinking on air.