Occasional Contributor

I need a Keurig that uses all K-cups

Hi Everyone, I need help in picking out a good Keurig that uses all k-cups. My husband wants one for Christmas. I have already read that the upcoming TSV only takes Keurig k-cups so that will not work for me. Any advice on what you like either on QVC or out in retail would really help. Thank you.

Super Contributor

Re: I need a Keurig that uses all K-cups

If you get a Keurig 2.0 brewer it will only accept proprietary Kcups. Your best bet might be not to get a Keurig brewer but a brewer from another company that accepts all Kcups or if there are any older model Keurig brewers they will accept all Kcups. I guess coffee is big money for Keurig to do this and in my opinion this is not very consumer friendly way to do business.

Contributor

Hello! I had 2 keurigs in a row break down on me. I tried the 2.0 but did not like the restrictions and I still had a lot of Kcups left to use up. I did some research and found great reviews for the Bunn MyCafe MCU machine. It takes all kcups as well as pods, teas and grounds. I ordered mine on Amazon and had it within 2 days. I'm in love with it. Lol. Hope you find one you love too!
Trusted Contributor

We have a Cuisinart Keurig brewer. It has a 3 year warranty, large 80 ounce water tank, 5 cup sizes to choose from.

It works great and I love it.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/cuisinart-reg-keurig-reg-brewed-single-serve-brewing-s...

I also see this brewer on the Costco website. Free shipping and 60 k-cups and 6 water filters.

Super Contributor

I have the new Keurig 2.0 ... I have a lot of K-cups and just use the Solo Cups that I bought at the dollar store ...

But they say that soon ALL cups will work in the Keurig 2.0 ... I guess the non-Keurig companies are partnering with Keurig to make it easier for the consumer ...

~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Esteemed Contributor

I bought a Breville and it uses all types of the k-cups. It has a good warranty and the one time we had a problem (after the warranty had expired) the customer service was great!

I also have a Keurig in the family room which we use on the weekends. The Breville is in use almost 24/7. At this point I think it is almost five years old. Yes, you will pay a little more for the Breville but when I buy a kitchen counter appliance I really want it to last longer than a year or two.

Regular Contributor

At this point it's hard to find an older Keurig machine... and I see why they did what they did. In the past I have purchased k-cups at a Winn Dixie that actually had INSTANT COFFEE in the 'cups'.... Never did that again. That gives the Keurig company a bad name, but they were an off brand and I wanted a certain type of coffee (Expresso) and they had no Keurig brand in stock... I plan on ordering a new Keurig machine with my ''points'' from Keurig club which is a great deal. Keurig brand k-cups now state on the box that they work with ALL Keurig machines... but if you have older k-cups sitting around, they will not work with a new machine

Regular Contributor

On 11/12/2014 DeePa said:

I bought a Breville and it uses all types of the k-cups. It has a good warranty and the one time we had a problem (after the warranty had expired) the customer service was great!

I also have a Keurig in the family room which we use on the weekends. The Breville is in use almost 24/7. At this point I think it is almost five years old. Yes, you will pay a little more for the Breville but when I buy a kitchen counter appliance I really want it to last longer than a year or two.

The Breville IS made by Keurig...

Esteemed Contributor

I have had my K-40 for 6 years. There are no bells and whistles, but it's running strong (and loud) at home.

I bought a K-75 Platinum from Costco in June and returned it in September.

With my refund from Costco, I bought a K-65 Platinum from Target for $119. It's at work and I LOVE it!

It uses all of the K-Cups that I buy from Big Lots, Crazy Cups, Trader Joes, Target and BJ's/Costco.

It has a timer, so when I get to work, it's "Ready to Brew."

It's quiet.

It's very appealing.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Esteemed Contributor

QVC still has one model. You may find a better deal elsewhere, but this model will use all cups

K301364

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines