Honored Contributor

I don't have any Christmas cards done yet but I do have

my list made for Thanksgiving of what I'll be having, when to put it on, or in a dish in the frig., and what goes on the stove, in the oven, and my turkey roaster prep.

I just feel so much better and not harried to have a plan since I'm no octopus. I kept last years and used it for this year's list.

I do it all, so no one is bringing anything. It's ok, because I enjoy the leftovers just as much as the turkey meal. Will anyone else be doing a plan too?

If you do a plan please let me know how you do yours. Maybe I can fine tune mine. LOL.

Thanks.

Honored Contributor

Re: I don't have any Christmas cards done yet but I do have

I do the same,

I put everything on Google spreadsheet, really makes planning the meal and shopping much easier

Trusted Contributor

I normally write my cards over Thanksgiving weekend. However, I was going to do a photo card and the only local camera shop went out of business recently. So now I have to hunt up a place to do them. I have used Walmart in the past and the copies were awful, so they are out.

Valued Contributor

Wow a google speadsheet....you are so organized. I have ordered my Xmas cards from St. Jude and have started planning what to have to eat on Christmas Eve. I am lucky...we travel to my cousins for Thanksgiving and so it is the one holiday that I only make pies

Respected Contributor

For those of you being so organized (I'm not), how about posting your charts/spreadsheets. Maybe I can get some ideas to help me.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Respected Contributor

Cards are a question this year. We've always written a poem for our cards, but I think we've run out of ideas.

And DH, who is 95 now says he's tired of doing cards, even though I do most of the work. So he has decided that this year he will send a card only to those who send them to us. In other words, when he gets a card, he sends one back. Sounds a little "Scroogey" to me, but it's one of those things I let him decide.

Honored Contributor

On 11/9/2014 Sunshine Kate said:

For those of you being so organized (I'm not), how about posting your charts/spreadsheets. Maybe I can get some ideas to help me.

{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

I wont post my actual spreadsheet b/c it will link to my gmail but i will see if i can figure a way to do it anon.

Super Contributor

Well we don't send out any Christmas cards have no family or friends to send them too. But I do have my Christmas tree up it went up on Friday Nov 7 did it all by myself I do it because I don't want my husband lifting anything he has back problems and my list is made for our thanksgiving meal it's just hubby and I and our three dogs we will have a good meal and a blessed day with our fur-kids and hubby will catch up on his rest watch his TV shows he recorded.

I don't have to worry about going out and buying Christmas gifts for family we have none we buy for the Angel Tree and our dogs and that makes us happy we don't buy for each other if we need anything we buy it if we can afford it. Our holidays are quite no running around cooking big meals or buying gifts.

Trusted Contributor

I just finished my Thanksgiving menu this morning and have finished my grocery list as well. Staples, Produce, Perishables, etc. I will get my staples on my normal grocery shopping trip on Monday night, my sweet potatoes, parsnips, onions, etc next Monday and my dairy products and perishables on the 24th grocery trip. It's all worked out and I can start my cooking the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving. We will hit our local winery next Saturday morning for a few bottles of wine to serve as well.

I have my timeline planned out, too. What goes in the oven at this time and at this temperature, what goes in the second oven at that time and that temperature. It's all down pat and everything pretty much goes like clock work at this point. Everything will be ready for a 5:00 dinner on Thanksgiving.

Honored Contributor

Not to worry, it's way too early to write Christmas cards. And most people don't bother with them these days anyway.