Respected Contributor

What Are Your Favorite Sandwich Sides?

I am having 8 people over for lunch and serving a variety of sandwich rollups and was thinking of serving potato chips but need some ideas of other things in case not everyone likes chips.TIA

Trusted Contributor

Re: What Are Your Favorite Sandwich Sides?

I usually have a nice vegetable salad. Or potato salad or a pasta salad. Or some kind of fruit salad. Coleslaw. I would have crock pot baked beans with a salad.

Maybe some bar cookies or brownies for dessert.

Honored Contributor

those are good ideas

how about offering some regular sandwiches in case some people do not like wraps? (like me)

fruit salad and a slaw or cut up veg/dip would round it out

Honored Contributor

slaw.....pickle and olive platter

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I like raw veggies and hummus- carrots, peppers, cucumbers, celery, etc. and I also like olives (black and stuffed).

I like a bean salad (three bean, or edamame with fresh veggies) or a marinated salad- cucumbers, red peppers, broccoli slaw, etc.

If it's a dinner, I also like roasted veggies like broccoli, cauliflower, or roasted potatoes.

You could go retro and serve a carrot salad or broccoli salad.

Esteemed Contributor

On 11/1/2014 PamelaSue72 said:

I usually have a nice vegetable salad. Or potato salad or a pasta salad. Or some kind of fruit salad. Coleslaw. I would have crock pot baked beans with a salad.

Maybe some bar cookies or brownies for dessert.

I like to serve something cooked, hot with sandwiches. Homemade baked beans are a great idea!

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Pickles,olives,chips and dip(French onion is my fav . Sometimes the sandwich needs to be the star. You could serve a pasta salad as a side.
Respected Contributor

Thanks for all of the wonderful suggestions. I went with the vegetable dip platter and went over great!! Thanks again!!

Regular Contributor

Marconi salad without a doubt. I love a good chip platter with a variety of chips and a ranch center dip bowl.

I also add croissant pizza bake: Roll out the croissant rolls, separate, layer on thin sliced mozzarella cheese, add mariana sauce and top with pepperoni. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese.

Respected Contributor

Potato chips R not everyone's idea of a great side dish. They R empty fat calories.

Oven baked sweet potato fries, baked beans as someone mentioned, chopped vegetable salad, roasted fall veggies. Lots of good tasting, healthy choices.