Respected Contributor

Are the Holidays in your grocery store yet? Yesterday, I spied egg nog on sale....

...and Christmas cookies, but curiously, no ingredients for fruit cake or homemade chocolates....I know we are closing October and beginning November, but I remember last year, egg nog didn't even make an appearance until Thanksgiving week- not that I am complaining! I love French toast made with egg nog....and ice cream is simple and delicious.... Poodlepet
Honored Contributor

Re: Are the Holidays in your grocery store yet? Yesterday, I spied egg nog on sale....

I saw egg nog at Wegmans last night, too.

They could have at least waited until Saturday LOL

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Re: Are the Holidays in your grocery store yet? Yesterday, I spied egg nog on sale....

bought latkes at Trader Joe

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

Eggnog here, too. The cranberries are here (I associate them with the holidays) and I've already tucked four bags in the freezer. And we have a kiosk with just different kinds of nuts, which I also associate with the holiday baking).

Valued Contributor

Yes, I purchased some egg nog about one week ago...yummy yummy...and I'm putting up my tree in about 2 weeks....(as my husband "rolls" his eyes)....he thinks I'm putting it up too early...

Honored Contributor

For about the last month in my area.

Honored Contributor

The holiday food has been in our grocery stores since mid-September. at least they didn't put stuff out in July like QVC. Costco has their food gifts now; got our big tin of their European cookies with Belgian chocolate yesterday.....still waiting for the ginger thins....

Respected Contributor

I have nothing against Christmas, but what happened to Thanksgiving???? Our grocery store, Publix, used to have Thanksgiving commercials and decor throughout the store. Last year, there was no homage to Thanksgiving whatsoever. A week ago, I saw they were selling their iconic Pilgrim salt and pepper shakers, and then they were gone...in years past, there were special areas for pumpkin pie, canned yams, stuffing-all the things you associate with Thanksgiving-cornucopias, cinnamon scented decorative brooms....I truly hate to see all of that become a memory. Poodlepet
Regular Contributor

We have eggnog year round...now at holiday time, there are more types and varieties I.e. Pumpkin egg nog available, but I see it most, if not all of the year....it's good even in April, as far as I am concerned...I love it!
Honored Contributor

If they have eggnog I wouldn't notice since I don't drink or buy it! My local grocer does have a lot of Thanksgiving related food and ads.