Honored Contributor

Mary Beth talked about these with Chris Pine. I'll need to see if it's in MBR's recipes. I've never heard of these before. No I didn't find them. Does anyone have a recipe or can tell me what these are?

Esteemed Contributor

Is this what you're referring to? It comes in chocolate and snickerdoodle flavors.

Vocal fans of Muddy Buddies on the Chex Mix Facebook page helped urge ...

The snickerdoodle flavor is chex dusted with cinnamon and sugar. I have a recipe for something between a candy and a cookie made with these, if I can find it. They're delicious - I could eat a whole bag!

Honored Contributor

Addictive!! I love them. Chex but with chocolate and slight touch of powdered sugar. I have just a few left at home right now need to buy more.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Before these came out ready-to-eat, I made them with chex cereal, melted semi-sweet bits mixed with peanut butter, and frosted with confectioner's sugar. They were my sons' favorite!

Trusted Contributor

Here is the recipe. It goes by many names. We call it Monkey Munch. Chex site has the recipe.

We make this a few times a year for parties. At Super Bowl it literally disappears! Everyone loves it! A really yummy treat!

Here

Honored Contributor

We call it Puppy Chow.

Ingredients:
9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions:
In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated
Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container
Regular Contributor
These sound so delicious they should come with a warning label.... LOL.
Honored Contributor

Right on top of it, you are!!! Thanks. That's just what they looked like. I'll need to check those out!

Thanks ladies, I've copied the recipes. I love it when something good, makes me come out like the Kitchen Queen. {#emotions_dlg.lol}

Trusted Contributor
On 10/29/2014 Carmie said:

We call it Puppy Chow.

Ingredients:
9 cups crispy rice cereal squares
1/2 cup peanut butter
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
Directions:
In a saucepan over low heat, melt the chocolate; add peanut butter and mix until smooth Remove from heat, add cereal and stir until coated
Pour powdered sugar into large plastic bag, add coated cereal and shake until well coated. Store in airtight container

It goes by so many names: Muddy Buddies, Monkey Munch (or Crunch), Puppy Chow...

Most call for 1 teasp. of vanilla. The one I posted above also calls for 1/4 cp. margarine (or butter). I will have to check my recipe at home. I haven't made it since last Super Bowl, but for some reason I don't recall the butter with the peanut butter. Also, my daughter and I make it together, so that may be why I am fuzzy--between the two of us measuring ingredients.

Esteemed Contributor

No-Bake Muddy Buddies® Snickerdoodle Drop Cookies

No-Bake Muddy Buddies Snickerdoodle Drop Cookies

Ingredients

2 bars (4 oz each) white chocolate baking squares, chopped

1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)

1 cup chopped walnuts

2 1/2 cups Chex Mix® Muddy Buddies® Snickerdoodle snack mix, slightly crushed

3/4 cup shredded coconut

4 squares (1 oz each) bittersweet baking chocolate or semisweet baking chocolate, chopped

2 teaspoons shortening

Place mini paper baking cup in each of 50 mini muffin cups or place wax paper on cookie sheet

In large microwavable bowl, microwave white chocolate uncovered on High 2 to 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted. Stir in condensed milk. Stir in walnuts, snack mix and coconut. Cover with plastic wrap. Let stand 15 to 20 minutes. Scoop by tablespoonfuls into muffin cups or cookie sheet. Refrigerate 2 hours.

In medium microwavable bowl, microwave bittersweet baking chocolate and shortening uncovered on High in 30-second increments until mixture can be stirred smooth. Drizzle over top of each candy drop cookie. Refrigerate until set. Store refrigerated in airtight container.

To make bars: Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, leaving foil hanging over 2 sides for easy removal. Melt 1 tablespoon butter; grease foil in pan with melted butter. Press white chocolate mixture into pan. Drizzle with dark chocolate mixture. Refrigerate 2 hours before cutting.