Trusted Contributor
I am makng a pot of chicken soup and am using gnoocci instead of noodles. Should I cook the gnocci in another pot and add them in as I wonder if they would make the soup too goopy cooking them in the soup pot?? .And does gnocci keep it's shape after a couple days in the fridge.?
Honored Contributor

i always cook the noodles/pasta separately from the soup and then add them in when the soup is pretty much done.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Gnocchi cook so fast that it works well to just add them to the same pot. They will keep their shape in the refrigerator.

Esteemed Contributor

Gnocci is very starchy. Cook them separately and rinse well. Add them to your soup after it has finished cooking.

I doubt the soup will last long enough for them to disintegrate!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Contributor

I agree cooking the gnocchi separately would be better. After a few days, I would think the gnocchi would swell up since it's a small doughy dumpling. Could you just add them to the soup as needed?

Respected Contributor
On 10/28/2014 CCo75 said:

I agree cooking the gnocchi separately would be better. After a few days, I would think the gnocchi would swell up since it's a small doughy dumpling. Could you just add them to the soup as needed?

I second this, gnocchi is prone to swelling.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with those who say cook separately and rinse, then add to the soup. They really are starchy. I made a dish with whole wheat gnocchi the other day and I'm glad I added after cooking.