Respected Contributor

O/T: Want to join Ninja User group on Facebook, but....

The group's are closed....15,000 people and you decide to close the group??? There are a couple of groups I really wanted to join, and I am familiar with what a "closed" group is, but is there anyway to apply ? I apologize for my lack of technical knowledge, but I have avoided going on Facebbok. Thanks, Poodlepet
Super Contributor

Re: O/T: Want to join Ninja User group on Facebook, but....

My info was incorrect- just hit the "joined" button, and you will be added to the group within 24 hours.

Super Contributor

A closed group only means that posts from that group will not show up on your news feed and your "friends" cannot see what is posted. Go to the site page and click on "join". One of the administrators will let you in.

That being said, I joined one of the groups and all the posts were about what was made and how it tasted but recipes were not shared so I deleted the group.

Super Contributor

The recipes are shared in files. Look under photos and files. they are easy to copy & paste to print out.

Respected Contributor

Fat cat, I am with you: I want recipes. Would you mind posting which groups are worthwhile? Thanks Poodlepet
Valued Contributor

I love the group I'm in ----> Ninja 3-in-1 Cooking System Recipes
Frequent Contributor

Yes, the Ninja 3 in 1 group is great, well managed and lots good recipes and hints.
Respected Contributor

....and I can't get in!!!! I did press "join" and I was hoping to get an e-mail this morning, but nada....what am I doing wrong? Thanks. Poodlepet
Super Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Poodlepet said: ....and I can't get in!!!! I did press "join" and I was hoping to get an e-mail this morning, but nada....what am I doing wrong? Thanks. Poodlepet

Poodlepet, you won't get an email. You should get a notification on facebook (like when someone sends a reply to you, on the world, top tool bar), or just log onto your facebook account and go to the page you asked to join, you may have been accepted and just didn't realize. If it still says "pending" then they haven't gotten to you yet.

Respected Contributor

Thanks Fatcat: I have this book at home called"is This $#5= On? A guide to computers for those kicking and screaming" written by Abby Stokes-and she explains things like this-but I don't have that book with me now-Thanks, Poodlepet