Respected Contributor

Wegmans: Wegmans' brand of specialty items

A Wegman's is opening today in Burlington, MA.I grew up in Buffalo and love Wegman's. I remember a thread that had some high end brands with Wegman's labels.

There were chocolates and some others.

Making a pilgrimage next week and would like some tips.

Honored Contributor

Re: Wegmans: Wegmans' brand of specialty items

Wegmans carries some Western NY favorites, like Sahlen's hots, Zweigle's hots, and Landie's Candies. I'm sure there are others, but I can't think of them ATM.

Trusted Contributor

I know Bilinski's makes Wegman's labeled organic sausage

Honored Contributor

Landies Candies are called "Swiss Recipe" at Wegmans. There are a LOT of choices, including Sponge Candy.

Regular Contributor

You can also find the Grandma's coffee cake there that Q sells for MUCH less. And two weeks ago I saw the Kim and Scott's Pretzels (soft and hot) that used to be sold here.

Respected Contributor

Grandma's started in Boston so I can get that almost anywhere. It was the Landies I couldn't remember. Do they carry Verner's gingerale.

Hope they have sponge candy.

Valued Contributor

We recently had a Wegman's arrive not far from us and we've only made 1-2 trips, basically to check it out AND pick up a few things. I know many people like their prepared foods. We usually make our hummus, but my DH LOVES the Wegman's brand. Sort of a random item to love, but there ya go. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Trusted Contributor

Wegman's Organic Black Bean Dip is addicting....

first taste no big deal...then take a couple more...can't stop LOL...good with Tostitos Lime Tortilla chips

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 lavendar said:

Grandma's started in Boston so I can get that almost anywhere. It was the Landies I couldn't remember. Do they carry Verner's gingerale.

Hope they have sponge candy.

Yes, Wegmans does carry Vernor's Ginger Ale. By the way, you can search the Wegmans website for specific items like Vernor's, when prompted enter your zip and select the store nearest to you, and the site returns the item's price and indicates whether it's likely in stock. It's one of the few supermarket sites I've seen that does this.

Valued Contributor

I love their coffee! I've been drinking a lot of Pumpkin Pie lately but they are all good. I'm saving tons of money buying their big box of laundry detergent. They are in little pods like dishwashing tablets and you throw it inside with your clothes. They have these yummy beans in different flavors. They have a channa dal Indian spiced, southwestern beans, Italian beans, and Carribean black beans. They are delicious and all natural. They don't add a bunch of junk to their stuff. Only .99 a can. Their frozen waffles are great, made of whole wheat and much cheaper than Egos. Anything from their bakery is delicious.