Frequent Contributor

Kitchen Aid versus Cuisinart food Processor

I'm a novice at cooking but I love having all the tools. I, at this late stage in my life, would love to make pie crust like my mother did all those many years ago. Of course she never used a food processor but I would like to purchase one. For the most part I have Kitchen aid appliances, and know there are strong supporters in both camps. I am looking at the 9 cup capacity size, since there is just the two of us. Any and all opinions are asked for and welcomed!!!
Regular Contributor

Re: Kitchen Aid versus Cuisinart food Processor

Cuisinart---the food processor used by Ina Garten and Me.
Trusted Contributor

Cuisinart.....person in Sur La Table put it this way...mixer? Go KitchenAid. Food processor? Go Cuisinart. I think she said those are what most people choose because that's what made each company famous. I listened and never looked back. Love my Cuisinart.
Honored Contributor

I love my Cuisinart, and love that is has three work bowls! It makes life so much easier.

Valued Contributor

love my Cuisinart
Valued Contributor

Cuisinart! Terrible experience with the KA. Also love the Cuisinart hand mixer over the KA.

Super Contributor

I'll be the lone KitchenAid supporter. I first purchased a Cuisinart food processor and tore up the motor, the very first time I used it. I returned it to Kohl's and exchanged it for the KitchenAid one, in the same size. I have used the same bread recipe, the one that killed the Cuisinart, countless times in the KitchenAid food processor with no problems. If you think that you may ever want to make bread dough in it, you will want to get one larger than a 9-cup. Mine is a 13-cup, but it also came with a smaller bowl, as well.

Honored Contributor

On 10/26/2014 Dam Yankee said:

I'll be the lone KitchenAid supporter. I first purchased a Cuisinart food processor and tore up the motor, the very first time I used it. I returned it to Kohl's and exchanged it for the KitchenAid one, in the same size. I have used the same bread recipe, the one that killed the Cuisinart, countless times in the KitchenAid food processor with no problems. If you think that you may ever want to make bread dough in it, you will want to get one larger than a 9-cup. Mine is a 13-cup, but it also came with a smaller bowl, as well.

Sounds as if that Cuisinart processor was bad. I used my to make bread dough for several years during which time I made almost all our bread, lots of pizza dough, etc. Years ago though, so it may not say much about what to buy today!

Regular Contributor

Very happy with my Cuisinart!

Trusted Contributor

Cuisinart here too.