Regular Contributor

What is heat level for slow cooker feature of Cooks Essentials combined slow and pressure cooker?

I have an appliance that is Cooks Essentials - purchased years ago from the Q and have been reviewing slow cooker (crock pot) recipes. Some call for "high" and some "low" settings for the recipe. My cooker only has one setting for "slow cook" feature - is it a high or low setting? Thanks in advance for your help.

Regular Contributor

Re: What is heat level for slow cooker feature of Cooks Essentials combined slow and pressure cooker?

I think I found the answer. There is another manufacturer that makes this type of appliance and the slow cook setting is similar to the low setting for slow cooker or crock pot according to the description. I'm hoping this is correct.

Trusted Contributor

Re: What is heat level for slow cooker feature of Cooks Essentials combined slow and pressure cooker?

One way to get an approximation is to fill it half full with water. If, after 2 - 3 hours, the water is simmering, it is closer to the LOW setting. If, during the same time, it comes to a rapid boil, it is closer top HI?GH.

Regular Contributor

Thx KYToby!