Respected Contributor

Oct. 26 Today is PUMPKIN, PRETZEL AND MINCE MEAT PIE DAY Take your pick on what you like!!!

Out of the 3, I like pumpkin the best. I once cooked a pumpkin and made pumpkin butter out of it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

Re: Oct. 26 Today is PUMPKIN, PRETZEL AND MINCE MEAT PIE DAY Take your pick on what you like!!!

First, I wanted to thank you for posting all these fun food day posts. I have thoroughly enjoyed them and have collected a lot of good recipes. I was on here briefly yesterday and missed this one, but I unknowingly celebrated, by eating almost entire package of pumpkin pie pretzels, if I had only known, I would have eaten the entire package. I found them in the bakery section of our Walmart. They have a nice blend of salty and sweet with just the right amount of pumpkin pie flavor (they really do taste like pumpkin pie). I may have try experimenting with a pretzel crust pumpkin pie. Thanks again

tkins

Super Contributor

Re: Oct. 26 Today is PUMPKIN, PRETZEL AND MINCE MEAT PIE DAY Take your pick on what you like!!!

I like pumpkin pie (first choice), soft pretzels with garlic butter next, and mincemeat pie goes in the garbage along with the fruitcakes around our house.

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

Belatedly, it's always been pretzels. 8)

No to the mince, but OK with pumpkin... roasted seeds, that is. Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

On 10/27/2014 Madisson said:

I like pumpkin pie (first choice), soft pretzels with garlic butter next, and mincemeat pie goes in the garbage along with the fruitcakes around our house.

O.

M.

G.

*drools*

Two of my faves (garlic & pretzels) together at last!

Super Contributor

On 10/27/2014 feline groovy said:

O.

M.

G.

*drools*

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} They will also sprinkle parmesan cheese on it if you like...find an Auntie Anne's pretzel store near you!

Some people do drugs. I do shoes....Celine Dion
Honored Contributor

On 10/28/2014 Madisson said:
On 10/27/2014 feline groovy said:

O.

M.

G.

*drools*

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} They will also sprinkle parmesan cheese on it if you like...find an Auntie Anne's pretzel store near you!

Yes!!! Me likey!

Pretzel. Garlic. Cheese. PLEASE.

Thanks for the deets. Smile

Honored Contributor

I love them all---except the mince meat---I must clarify--my mom used to make green tomato mince filling--had NO meat or suet in it but was spicy( not hot spicy) and sweet and was so good. How about a pretzel pie crust with pumpkin filling---yummy