Super Contributor

It's hilarious.

No matter who the host is...no matter which vender they use...the script is ALWAYS EXACTLY the same.

How boring it must be to work for QVC.

Super Contributor
It would be extremely hard to talk about a handheld can opener for 15 minutes, that's for sure. But! I'm the dumb one for watching someone talk about a stupid handheld can opener for 15 minutes!!
Honored Contributor

Then if they would deviate in any way the nasty posts would start!!

Respected Contributor
On 10/26/2014 Pook said:

Then if they would deviate in any way the nasty posts would start!!

LOL, that's a given. I think they could solve world peace and someone would complain.

I imagine most jobs that are repetitive have a degree of boredom. It's a job and it's better than not having one.

At least they get to eat.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Esteemed Contributor

I think it's a tough job and a tight rope to walk. They must, of course, make sure to mention certain things about the product, but if they start ad-libbing with personal stories, the criticism is sure to start here on the forums. I do think its a more difficult job than it seems to the casual viewer.

Respected Contributor

I don't think even QVC ever dreamed that people would watch QVC endlessly, hour after hour day after day. The presentations must present all the same information so people who only watch a particular program get the same info as someone who watches a different presentation with a different host. If you're seeing so much repetition, I think that's a sign that you're watching to much QVC!

Trusted Contributor

I am sure in the OP's many years as a shopping chapel host, the OP was able to speak extemporaneously without repetition for hours on end. Not everyone is so talented.

Honored Contributor

Kind of like going to Macy's or Nordstrom, no? All the clerks ask the same questions and show their wares. What exactly people who watch for hours on end expect to hear, I certainly can't imagine!

I doubt the hosts are as bored as OP thinks. There's so much they have to accomplishe within however many minutes they have for each item, I can't imagine they're bored. BTW, they make it seem as if they're in charge of the timing - I don't think so. I believe they work against a countdown clock, either in front of them or, more likely, in their earpieces.

Super Contributor

Sometimes I watch presentations on products and wonder why obvious selling points aren't mentioned. I watch the presentations for the Kitchen Aid Stand Mixers and I have not yet heard what I like best about the Kitchen Aid. I cook and bake with my nieces and nephews and the Kitchen Aid stand mixer settles the argument of who gets to hold the mixer. Before I got the KA stand mixer I worked with the KA hand held, and back before I knew better, I let my five year old hold the mixer with me- BIG MIStAKE! We hit an air pocket, dough flew on the wall, and I had my five year old nephew crying because he didn't get his turn to hold the mixer. That one is on me, QVC hosts- Cooking with kids, someone who is disabled, or someone with limited hand dexterity are terrific reasons for a KA stand mixer.

Respected Contributor
On 10/26/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:

I don't think even QVC ever dreamed that people would watch QVC endlessly, hour after hour day after day. The presentations must present all the same information so people who only watch a particular program get the same info as someone who watches a different presentation with a different host. If you're seeing so much repetition, I think that's a sign that you're watching to much QVC!

I think you are exactly right, Buck-i-Nana. And I think I do...watch too much QVC. HA!