Super Contributor
An all-day cooking and kitchen show equals an all-day waste of food .... Chopping and cutting fruits and vegetables, opening cans, jars and bottles, and all the cakes, pies, chicken, ham, etc., that will be wasted during a 24-hour period is sinful ... Yes, a lot of it is shared with the crew, but just as much or more is wasted ... What a shame ...
~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Super Contributor
Do they dump it for sure? Maybe they donate the leftovers like Panera.
Super Contributor
I don't think they can donate it because they are not a restaurant ... But I am not sure .... Maybe someone here can tell us ... And some of the food they prepare is not edible because of enhancements and it sitting there for too long .... Plus the food in cans, jars and bottles they use to demonstrate kitchen tools ... And all the fruits and veggies they use to demonstrate food choppers and the TSV ...
~~ Good enough is good enough ~~
Esteemed Contributor

I remember reading a post where someone actually e-mailed this question to QVC and the response was that they try to use as much of the chopped and cut fruits/vegetables and open cans as possible in later presentations for soups, casseroles, etc, which I assume are then served to cast and crew. I do think that all of the "gourmet food" they show is readily consumed by staff.

Respected Contributor

It's a shopping channel, should they show pictures? I'm sure they'll sell a lot that way.

It's been posted that the display food isn't even all real and is used through out the day.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Valued Contributor

I know that where I reside you cannot donate any food that has been opened or prepared. For example, if I open a large can of tomatoes and don't use it all, I cannot donate it. Anything donated MUST be in its original packaging. It makes sense as there are a lot of germs than can be passed via opened/prepared foods. It's a shame to see so much food wasted on these cooking shows. There is only so much the crew can consume and/or take home to their families. docsgirl

Super Contributor

All day waste of air time if you ask me, LOL! I won't be watching. Who could possibly watch the David in the Kitchen marathons again and again constantly and today for FIVE hours. Completey ridiculous. LOL!

Honored Contributor
On 10/26/2014 BonnieBelle said:

All day waste of air time if you ask me, LOL! I won't be watching. Who could possibly watch the David in the Kitchen marathons again and again constantly and today for FIVE hours. Completey ridiculous. LOL!

It's simply a cost of doing business. They have to demonstrate the product to sell it. It is mishandled during demonstrations and would not be to be consumed and is pitched out, as it should be. I don't see why people get worked up about this.

For one thing, the ones you see are most often sprayed with oil or waxed or even varnished to appeal to the eye. A lot of the "juice" is oil. And dirty hands in a big hurry change sets, food sits for hours, like any food you see used for a photo shoot.

They sell MILLIONS of dollars of items--a few bushels of food is nothing.

Respected Contributor

LOL, people are so judgmental. So many complaints about things they say they never watch. Since hubby is going to work today I will have it on for awhile, I by no means will be sitting in front of the tv. If I'm walking by and something catches my eye I will pay attention to it.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

I can remember when cooking days were 1-2 per year......They were events to look forward to, and rarely had the same item on twice......Now, it is just the same items shown weekly, bunched into 24 hours, with the same items over and over and over and over......{#emotions_dlg.huh}

The strength of the wolf is the pack, and the strength of the pack is the wolf.......