Frequent Contributor

NEEDED: Easy, healthy lunch ideas.

I am wondering if anyone has any easy, healthy lunch ideas/suggestions? I take my lunch but sometimes would like something a little different. I try to only eat frozen meals no more than once a week. I also try not to eat a sandwich everyday because of the bread. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!
Trusted Contributor

Re: NEEDED: Easy, healthy lunch ideas.

I love tabouli salad for lunch.

Edited to add: With a few seedless red grapes.

Respected Contributor

I like the little Campbell's Cream of Chicken Soup, an apple or pear, then a small salad. Gives me lots of energy for the rest of my workday. I've also done it with some Whole Foods Deli meats, no bread. Maybe a cheese stick with it. Hope that helps, but I'm with you...get very tired of the same boring lunches.
Valued Contributor

To change things up, I have bought Flat-out flatbread wraps. I know it's a carb, but it's not bread. They have some recipes on their website. I also try to include an apple and a bag of nuts or a nut bar.

Super Contributor

Campbell's Soup at Hand. Use flour tortillas instead of bread. Cold cereal and fruit. Hot cereal. Nutri Grain bar and yogurt. Tuna salad and crackers w/fruit. Leftovers. Nutrition drink/shake and fruit. Cottage cheese and fruit. Depending on your likes/dislikes, there are a lot of heat-n-eats in bowls, and of course salads.

Super Contributor

Guacamole and chips with fruit.
Respected Contributor

In the Winter I like to make a big pot of soup (veggie beef, chicken vegetable, potato and onion etc) on Sunday evenings. Mind you, if I like something I can eat it everyday until it is gone. Home made soup is so perfect -- you know what's in it and once it's made, it is super easy to heat and eat one dish. Healthy & balanced. (of course I throw in a cookie too!)

Contributor

I had gastric sleeve surgery in July so I'm eating healthier meals these days. One of my favorite lunches is two slices of thin-sliced deli roast beef (or turkey) laid end to end, slices of Sargento Ultra Thin Baby Swiss cheese on top, then fresh spinach leaves. Roll it up and bring your favorite condiment (horseradish, mustard, etc.) to dip it in. I bring cut up raw veggies like carrots, celery, snow peas and red pepper strips to go with it. It's a great protein meal.

Frequent Contributor

- 1/4C nuts, veggies (grape tomato, red pepper, carrot, celery, etc), fruit (clementine, banana, apple, etc), small handful pretzels.

- 2 roll-ups (1 slice of lean deli meat with 1/2 slice of deli cheese, condiments optional), veggies, fruit, rice cake or pretzels. 3 chocolate covered almonds for a sweet treat.

- whole wheat pumpkin muffin, greek yogurt, 1/2C raspberries

- homemade veggie and meat soup (beef and veggie, chicken and veggie, etc), 1 slice of whole grain bread, fruit.

- leftover rotisserie chicken meat, healthy dipping sauce, veggies, and brown rice.

- leftover meat and veggie stirfry from dinner.

Honored Contributor

We usually have fruit and cottage cheese for lunch or fruit and jello.