Super Contributor

I just put on a pot of curried chicken and vegetables. My apartment smells wonderful. Dinner at 7:00!

It's one of those "no recipe" meals where you can substitute any meat or vegetables. My favorite version is lamb ... tonight it's chicken.

Frequent Contributor

My husband is sick with Cancer and had a busy day today. We had some business in town we had to take care of. He's napping now. Dinner tonight was frozen pizzas. Our son and I ate and I will bake one for my husband if he wants one. We have some really good leftovers from this week.

Last night was baked Turkey Tenderloin, Hashbrown Casserole, and oven roasted Zucchini.

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen, I had Curry Chicken at work on Monday. It was so good, I said I was going to make it.

How do you make yours?

I have staple ingredients for Thai Curry: coconut cream, meat, spices, veggies and curry paste.

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Super Contributor
On 10/22/2014 HonnyBrown said:

Kathleen, I had Curry Chicken at work on Monday. It was so good, I said I was going to make it.

How do you make yours?

I have staple ingredients for Thai Curry: coconut cream, meat, spices, veggies and curry paste.

I've taken a recipe for curried vegetables from allrecipes.com ... and modify ingredients depending on what vegetables and meat I'm using.

I brown the meat with garlic and onion then add vegetables, liquid and spices and let it reduce and thicken ... about an hour or so. Result: curried meat and vegetable stew!

My favorite combo uses lamb.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you!!!!!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

Yum! I love curry and how it makes everything smell delicious.

Honored Contributor
On 10/22/2014 Nicnacsmommy said:

My husband is sick with Cancer and had a busy day today. We had some business in town we had to take care of. He's napping now. Dinner tonight was frozen pizzas. Our son and I ate and I will bake one for my husband if he wants one. We have some really good leftovers from this week.

Last night was baked Turkey Tenderloin, Hashbrown Casserole, and oven roasted Zucchini.

Sorry to hear about your husband. On busy days, pizza is a great meal.

Honored Contributor

I'm doing a new chicken w/noodles recipe in our 1.5 qt. crockpot. Found the recipe in TOH and it's for 4, although the 2 of us will probably be able to eat it. It's fast, easy, and probably pretty healthy. I usually don't make soup, but I wanted to try the recipe and it was just the right size. Hope it tastes good. With sick weather coming on, you can always use a good healthy chicken soup recipe.

Speaking of which, have those recipes been shared before on here? Don't recall, but I could have just missed them.

Nic: Sorry to hear about your husband, do keep yourself and your son well. Blessing to you all.

Honored Contributor

All the talk about beef and macaroni in a couple of other threads made me decide to make a goulash concoction tonight.