Valued Contributor

Emeril's Small Deep Fryer....HELP!!!

I really am hoping someone can help me. Did you who have this get an instruction booklet with it? I don't have one and am afraid to use it.

1) Does the immersion coil really sit IN the oil?

2) How do you get the oil to drain into the storage container? If it is automatic what triggers it, when the oil gets cold?

3) There are NO videos available, darn it Q, I was really counting on watching a video when I received the fryer. I remember all of those fryers without the lids on, do you put the lid on while something is frying?

4) How long does it take the oil to heat to 356 degrees? I picked that temp because that is what is on the four recipes that came with it.

This small deep fryer got excellent reviews...any tips for perfect calamari? Customer Service was no help at all, they didn't know if an instruction booklet was supposed to be included.

Thanks everyone!

Honored Contributor

Re: Emeril's Small Deep Fryer....HELP!!!

Sorry I can't help you, but have you tried You Tube? There are a number of You Tube videos on some of Emeril's fryers. If nobody here can help you, maybe one of the videos on You Tube will. Good luck!

Trusted Contributor

Go to the manufacturer's website, put your model # & try to find the booklet that way.

Honored Contributor

Did you get this on waitlist?

Honored Contributor

If it's this one item K40057 http://www.qvc.com/Emeril-by-T-Fal-3.3L-Stainless-Steel-Deep-Fryer-with-Oil-Filtration.product.K4005... you can download the manual from the link.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for the link, Nightowlz. I can see that yes, that immersion heat coil really does go into the oil. That doesn't feel right. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I still do need the instruction booklet. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I didn't get it on waitlist. I knew the little ones were sold out. I was watching Carolyn and Emeril selling the big one. I thought I'd look again and there it was, the little one for sale. I immediately put it in my cart, I couldn't believe my luck. I watched the big one sell out on TV and went back to see the little one and it was completely sold out. I don't know if I got the last one or the only one. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

Occasional Contributor

On 10/22/2014 Raider Fan said:

Thanks for the link, Nightowlz. I can see that yes, that immersion heat coil really does go into the oil. That doesn't feel right. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy} I still do need the instruction booklet. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I didn't get it on waitlist. I knew the little ones were sold out. I was watching Carolyn and Emeril selling the big one. I thought I'd look again and there it was, the little one for sale. I immediately put it in my cart, I couldn't believe my luck. I watched the big one sell out on TV and went back to see the little one and it was completely sold out. I don't know if I got the last one or the only one. {#emotions_dlg.w00t}

In the link that was sent to you just click on "Manual" and you can print the instruction booklet. If you have no printer, you can at least read how to use the fryer.

Respected Contributor

In case you can't find the manual on the page that ninam posted, here's a direct link to the manual. The manual is just above the first paragraph of the item description.

Valued Contributor

On 10/22/2014 nomless said:

In case you can't find the manual on the page that ninam posted, here's a direct link to the manual. The manual is just above the first paragraph of the item description.

momless...thanks so much for sending me that link. I just printed it out and though am through for the night, I am now excited to read the manual and see just what I should do and what it does. Thanks very much.

Respected Contributor

Yes, the immersion coil sits in the oil. Its job is to heat the oil. That's how it does it. A caloric rod is the most efficient way to heat the oil.

You can take a look at "how to clean a deep fryer" and see the immersion coil in one picture, exposed to the oil.

As to calamari, Mark Bittman suggests you dry them before dipping in the flour-based batter. That way, they are crispy on the outside, and not soggy.