Super Contributor

ALL DAY COOKING TODAY. TIRED OF THANKSGIVING ALREADY AND IT'S STILL DARK !! 10/22/14

Mercy, Christmas shows are bad enough, but now it's frying turkey's in the TSV. It's the middle of the night and I'm so tired of them cooking and eating turkey's already I'm thinking of Chinese or Italian for Thanksgiving !!

Changed stations, and more of the same Christmas products on infomercials, or beauty products, exercise equipment, and yes, more Shark, Dyson, or Chuck Norris again !

One thing is for sure, I can always be certain that QVC can quickly deter my joy for any holiday celebration.

I'll bet the rest of the day will be ala David, Temp-Tations galore, and all of the same old stuff. Where are the creative geniuses that can do something fresh and innovative with food programming ?

Whatever happened to Meredith Lawrence having a regular or weekly show on ? At least she was smart and entertaining !

BTW, I thought deep fat frying turkeys were dreadful for your health ???

Honored Contributor

Re: ALL DAY COOKING TODAY. TIRED OF THANKSGIVING ALREADY AND IT'S STILL DARK !! 10/22/14

All I've been seeing is jewelry this morning so far and I'd rather have cooking/kitchen!!

Honored Contributor

Re: ALL DAY COOKING TODAY. TIRED OF THANKSGIVING ALREADY AND IT'S STILL DARK !! 10/22/14

There's just some days I can't take all the selling, or all the "news" shows and just have to veg out and watch a movie!! LOL I love the holidays, but like they say, you can get too much of a good thing.

Contributor

I agree, qualitygal, now only if I could find a good movie !!! I remember turkey days last year, everybody shoving turkey down their throats all day, it get's old so fast !!! Now I'd rather see jewelry myself ! To each his own I suppose !

Yeah, what did happen to Meredith cooking, Bob Warden cooking, etc.?

The kitchen is getting monotonous as well as all of the other shows these days. I know between now and Christmas there will be loads of hams too !

Remember the days of that sweet elderly couple with the generous crab cakes?

I don't remember back then the kitchen or other shows being so boring and repetitious, but lately everything is driving me to other channels. The Q just ain't what she used to be. It's sad.

Trusted Contributor

Guess I'm the odd gal out! LOVE all the Christmas shows, commercials, etc. LOVE Christmastime. Can't wait until I can put out all my Christmas decorations. I've already got a snowman out in my bedroom because I love looking at him! Maybe it's too early for a lot of people.......but not me! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

Don't let a salesman steal your joy, especially for Christ's birthday!

Get your flu shot...because I didn't.
Honored Contributor

They were selling boots all night on ShopHQ; that was different. The idea of fried turkey doesn't appeal to me either. It can't be healthy for you.

Honored Contributor

Had a terrible loss in March and didn't want the holiday season to come. Just in the last couple days, by TGofG, I've had a tiny turkey-cranberry spark in my heart that I NEVER thought I'd feel this year. I wanna SHARE IT, so Happy Thanksgiving to anyone wishing, as I was, that the whole thing would just roll past and let me sleep. BRING IT, the WHOLE thing! Can't wait to set the table and test the bird for doneness. Blessings to EVERYONE!
Honored Contributor

I love the cooking shows why I'm in this group.

I got the masterbuilt turkey fryer, the XL, from Walmart back the last of Aug. so I could beat the rush when people decided they wanted one too closer to the holidays.

I'm not gonna keep on buying peanut oil though. I can't taste that much difference from canola and it's 3 times cheaper.

Mine is the 14lb size, but, it fits better with a 10-12lb turkey which is fine for us. He says an hr. but gonna let mine go the next time to hr. and a half.

All in all I like it have a whole turkey done in hr. and a half. good for donating food to the church and can get up and make a fresh turkey the same day.

Respected Contributor

I haven't even turned on the Q today, but I think it's nice that there is a nod towardsThanksgiving. I was just wondering the other day is anybody celebrating it, or did it just become another shopping day? By the way, in August the economists in general, were forecasting a grim December with consumer spending down. Over the years I have noticed that the more grim their forecast is, the earlier the shopping channels and retailers in general start pushing the December holidays.....remember, first and foremost, these are businesses,, and they want to make a profit. Poodlepet