Super Contributor

Pros-Cons Ninja vs NutriBullet

I'm needing some advice on the pros and cons of a Ninja vs a NutriBullet. My sister wants a NutriBullet for quick smoothies, something small and powerful, yet easy for her or my 11 yo niece to use. I always read the negative comments first and going by them (and the amount of) a lot of folks say that the NutriBullet leaks, breaks quickly, doesn't work like on TV and the customer service is a bear to get any help from. A few mentioned a Ninja system.

Which is your favorite and why? I have a Vitamix which I rarely use due to noise and the "hot" smell you get from running it (low speed only, I'm afraid of going full force) so I know I don't want to get her that.

Thanks!

Valued Contributor

Re: Pros-Cons Ninja vs NutriBullet

I had a Ninja for a couple of years and loved it! It made great fruit smoothies and also quick "ice cream." But when I wanted to get into smoothies with hard vegetables..carrots, beets, etc. I had to go to the NutriBullet. I have a 900 and don't have a problem with leaking.

Respected Contributor

I have the Vitamix in our primary residence and I bought the Ninja pro system for our weekend place because I didn't want to spend a lot of money. I realize you are talking about the Nutribullet:the Ninja pro comes with three "bullet"devices and I am really impressed with these little guys. That being said, they use the very powerful base of the Pro, not the smaller one of the Nutribullet. Personally, I think the Bullet is great: there are all kinds of sites with easy to use recipes and it just makes you a better cook-in addition to making smoothies. You can even make a small serving of PB, and I am sure there are recipes for ice cream and frozen desserts. I don't know about the longevity of this machine, but they have been around for awhile, and are sold in all kinds of stores including Bed, Bath and Beyond-and they have great coupons all of the time. I just want to say that I love my Vitamix and I do use it, but the Ninja Pro and it's "bullet" devices does have some advantages. For starters, it's dishwasher safe. If you remove the blades, some of the containers are microwave safe. I had to buy a special spatula to get all of the food out of the Vitamix: the Bullet is much easier-no special spatula required. Hope this helps. Poodlepet
Respected Contributor

You know I could kick myself-this is probably the appliance I should have bought instead of the Ninja Pro, but Cuisinart has the "Blend and Cook Soup Maker". I saw it advertised last year around Thanksgiving. It's basically a Vitamix but its price is $149, and yes, it crushes ice- you can make smoothies with it, but you can also make soup. The difference between it and the Vitamix is that it has a heating element whereas the Vitamix "cooks" by friction. Would I allow an eleven year old to use it? I would make sure they know how to safely use it, but I would prefer her/him to leave cleaning to me until I knew the child could be totally trusted....but I would feel that way about the Nutribullet because that blade is Huber Sharp. Cuisinart has been around longer than Ninja-just sayin. Check out the Cuisinart site. I think it's a little more than the Nutribullet-but it offers more. Poodlepet
Regular Contributor

I've had the Nutribullet (older version) and now have the Nutri Ninja. The Nutribullet served me well for a long time, but I did push it in the end with too much frozen stuff and not enough liquid, and that's what did it in. I originally replaced it with the new Vitamix that comes with the single smoothie cup and a pitcher for larger things. I like it, but for some reason it didn't seem as easy and convenient as the Nutribullet was, so I went out and bought the Nutri Ninja. I love the Nutri Ninja. It's definitely more powerful than the original Nutribullet was. I believe it's the same as the new 900 NB but that one got bad reviews with Consumer's Reports. Apparently the blade chipped off in some of their testing so it was deemed unsafe. The only cons I have for Nutri Ninja is it was hard to screw on the cap at first. But either it loosened up or I got used to it because it's no longer a problem. The other con is it's harder to clean then the NB was. There are some grooves inside the cup that stuff seems to get stuck to once in a while. Even with those cons, I still like the Nutri Ninja better than both my Nutribullet and my Vitamix.

Occasional Contributor

i have nutribullet and the older ninja the nutribullet makes a huge mess sometimes inside of the machine and its gets really messed up and sticky in there as it is hard to get all that leaked out from the inside it bleds well and is quick but you just never know whne its goingt to overflow for me i think the little gasket inside the screw on top for blending comes loose so i dont know id go ninja

Super Contributor

We have the Ninja Pro. All four of us love(9-41yr) it! It has the large pitcher and two cups for individual drinks. Everything is so smooth. It's really fast too. No motor hesitation. I would absolutely buy another Ninja Pro. Bought at Kohls with a 30/ coupon!
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone!

The metal issues what what sent me looking for reviews. Then most were either loving it or hating it. Which is why I came here. I'm becoming more interested in the Ninja the more I read the reviews. Hopefully someone will have a sale with all the November sales coming our way.

Again, Thanks!

Super Contributor

I have the Nutribullet "Pro"...what a hunk of junk. I've had it for less than a year, and there are just too many issues with it.

The feet leave black marks all over my counter. You have to watch while the unit is working because the unit can leak. After use the unit also leaks around where the blades go into the motor unit. The plastic gear on the extractor blade chips away while using...leaving little pieces of black plastic all over.

I would NEVER buy another one of these.

Valued Contributor

What a timely thread. I was out yesterday and saw the Nutri Bullet and considered buying it but thought I'd check out some reviews first and this morning I open up the forum and there it was.

Haven't yet made up my mind but I'll be back to check for further responses.

Maria